Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so up for my second time tonight to pee (once at midnight, once again just after 2:00 am, then hubby was lightly snoring and I couldn't sleep again)....I realize I'm hungry. Rather than laying there trying to sleep and starving myself for the next several hours, I get up for a 3:00 am snack. Pineapple and cottage cheese.

Two nights ago, I was about ready to go to sleep (11:00 pm or so....usually out before then but had been watching a movie)....I realize I'm starving. Got up for crackers smeared with peanut butter and some buttermilk. Yes, I've been craving buttermilk occasionally. Weird, I know.

Are any of you snacking late at night, or wake up in the middle of the night hungry? What kind of things are you munching on?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yea, this is my chief complaint with this pregnancy. It is the root of my nausea, too. I'm starving all the time, every hour to two hours (or more) I have to eat something. I'm literally having to get up, sometimes twice and eat in the middle of the night. And my bedroom is on the second floor. It doesn't matter if I eat protein RIGHT before I go to bed, I still wake up in like 2-3 hours completely starving. My acupuncturist mentioned hypoglycemia, but I think my body is just trying really hard to cope with this pregnancy and is resorting to feeding it. LOL

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thats so me too Shell Ell. If I fight off the urge to get up to eat at night then the nausea gets so bad I can't sleep so I get up anyway. I never had the morning sickness wake me up before, my boys' pregnancies I had just a touch of nausea. This one is not fun.

·
Registered
275 Posts
me too!
my stomach is so empty and rumble-y that recently almost nightly i have stopped by the kitchen on the way back from one of my many nighttime trips to pee. i haven't had nausea more than once or twice, but i wake up SO HUNGRY it hurts. and as soon as i started eating in the middle of the night, i found i wake up feeling great, although i still must eat immediately in the AM.

it doesn't take much to settle my tummy and help me back to sleep, a couple of dried apricots, a yogurt, or a healthy cookie.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
This is me, I find myself having to get up 2-4 times in the night to eat something. It doesn't matter what I eat, I am still hungry again after like 2 hours. I am starting to get sleep-deprived

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.