Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is reflux...I carried low with DD so I never had these issues but this baby is hanging out in my ribcage. It's not heartburn, so much as a burny feeling in the back of my throat every time I eat. Fun.
:

I took a couple tums that we had kicking around and it seemed to help...but I'd rather do something more natural than that. Ideas?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I recently had reflux for the first time in my life. I took someone's recommendation here about papaya enzymes, and they work really well for me. I make sure I have the bottle in my purse when I leave the house and they come with me to sit by my bed at night as well. For me they work in about five minutes. I got mine at Trader Joe's, a bottle of 100 tablets for about 2.50 I think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the papaya enzymes work for me as well....sometimes not as well with this pregnancy as the last, but this time it is twins so everything is different. When I take the papaya and am still having discomfort I also take a couple children's acidopholus, that helps.

·
Registered
252 Posts
a handful of almonds
a 1/2 glass of milk before and after a meal.
Big lunch....small dinner
no tomato sauce type of dishes

These are the ethings that I find to work. Generally I have "the burn" throughout my whole pregnancy....except this one! Oh and any one of these works...lol.. you don't have to do all at once.
Tricia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.