Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out about EC-ing, and have started, though my son is already ten months. Two questions: I tend to notice the signs of him peeing and pooping about a second before it starts, so I'm not getting him to the pot on time. Is it best to just leave him where he is and focus on making him aware of the elimination, or should I move him to the pot right away, or move him after the fact? Also, he is a fast walker already, so having waterproof pads on the floor isn't really a viable option. Any tips, as my carpet is a wreck after two days!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I personally wouldn't move him. I would get a potty or two and put them out where he can move towards them - hopefully he will start doing that soon and you will notice that and be able to help him on to one and get some catches that way.<br><br>
I'd highly recommend some training pants. People love Bright Bots for around the house especially. They will keep puddles off the floor, but are pretty obvious when wet so you can change him right away.<br><br>
I sometimes put my son on the potty after a miss, if it looks like he didn't pee a whole pee and might have more. I don't put him on if he peed when I wasn't looking or if it's a lot. I put him on the potty if I truly think he needs to use it.<br><br>
Happy Pottying!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts