Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me stay natural with all these stains?? I've been using bio-kleen or seventh generation powdered laundry detergents for some time (except for cheap "regualr" liquid detergent on my fuzzi bunz because you're not supposed to use natural on them.) Anyway, now that DD is mobile and eating, we have stains on her clothes and mine and they aren't coming out! Watermelon, grass, mud, avacado, ketchup, turmeric... For pre-treating I either use a homemade blend of glycerin and dish soap or I've tried the Ecover brand pre-treatment. Neither is doing the trick. I have a number of stained garments that I just keep running through the wash, then if the stains aren't out I pre-treat and soak again until I can put them into the washer again. If the stain doesn't come out I don't put it in the dryer, although often they air-dry before I start the process again. I really don't have time to be messing around with all these stained clothes, and I really don't want to discard them, but I don't want to got the toxic route either. Help!<br><br>
Jen

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
according to clean house clean planet......Shout and Spray n Wash arent in the toxic catagory.<br><br>
I hate stains, and I use shout on my clothes. If it doesnt come out after letting it sit with shout on it and washing (dont put in dryer!), then I soak in Oxyclean. I know that is not the most natural thing to do, but when you have a toddler, the last thing I want to do is freak out when she spills something on her dress. For me, everything is NO BIG DEAL, cos I know I can get EVERY stain out using this method. Sometimes I have to soak for up to 3 days in the Oxy, but it all comes out and I can wash in reg detergent after that to remove whatever I put on the stain. Makes my life alot less stressful!!<br><br><br>
edited to add: You can always use a combo of Shout, soaking and the sun! Thats a good natural combo!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts