Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battle of the Paper Bags

review by Catholic Mama

"Battle of the Paper Bags" is the first book in "The Crumbles Chronicles: Tails of a Nervous Dog" by Laura Scott Schaefer. (Thanks, Laura, for sending it to me to review.) It is written at at least second grade reading level and it introduces some new vocabulary. It is an imaginative, funny peek into a dog's mind.

Crumbles was adopted by a mother and her family in the United States after having been found and flown from Puerto Rico to an animal shelter. He's not afraid to admit that he is often so nervous that he pees on himself. With the advice of the family's bunny and with the help of a chipmunk and a neighbor dog, Crumbles takes on the family's scary paper bags full of raked up leaves. I would recommend this to dog lovers and anyone who wants to learn more about dogs.

http://www.crumblesthedog.com

ProsCons
appropriate language
new vocabulary
divided into chapters
fast-paced enough to keep a child's attention
annoying licks (though realistic, I guess)

Ratings
Overall4
Value4
Performance4
Durability4
Comfort4

·
Administrator
3,994 Posts
Laura Scott Schaefer

Description:
Would anyone who works with elementary children care to review my newly published chapter book narrated by my rescue dog, in exchange for a free book? It's The Crumbles Chronicles: Tails of a Nervous Dog and full of humor for young readers with an underlying message about acceptance. Crumbles also offers a FREE kids newsletter about dog - sign up via [email protected] or me at [email protected]
Thanks moms!

Details:
DetailValue
AuthorLaura Scott Schaefer
Edition1
ISBN978-1632330208
List Price$7.99
Number Of Pages108
Product GroupChapter book
PublisherEifrig Publishing LLC
TitleThe Crumbles Chronicles: Battle of the Paper Bags
DepartmentBooks

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.