Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm officially leaking from everywhere. I've never been pregnant before so I need some tried and true methods.

My boobies are starting to leak, not enough to notice, but enough to leave crustiest in my bra. Is it time for breast pads? what are the best? I don't wear bras a lot are lilly pads overkill?

I leak when I sneeze, but I hate pads
are some nicer then others? should I make some cloth pads? I don't even think I have any in the house I hate them so much.

I have had a lot of discharge since I got PG, is this normal? Am I in double need of a pad?

· Registered
4,436 Posts
You poor thing! I'd say lily pads are overkill at this point. Maybe find a nice cozy sleep bra (no fasteners or adjusters, just mild support) and put a layer of something in there. I think breast pads are probably overkill too. I always hated breastpads
: They are so visible under clothing! (I used disposables if I needed to be discreet)

Try out some cloth pad liners. Just to give yourself a little extra absorbancy. I too hate pads but sometimes you just gotta wear one! And at least cloth don't stink or make you sweat like the disposable ones.

· Premium Member
997 Posts
I've had a lot of discharge since I got pregnant too. I hate whenever it comes out after I've just gone to the bathroom and I end up back in there wiping again.
:

· Premium Member
6,610 Posts
I don't recommend lily pads to anyone because they encourage yeast growth, which leads to thrush. If you're looking for a discreet sposie pad then the Lansinoh brand is best, they are pretty much invisible under clothing. I had to start wearing them around this time with DS and just leaked everywhere, especially once my bra was off. The pressure from my bra and nursing pads seemed to help with the leaking, but I ruined a lot of bras before I broke down and got nursing pads. Because I'm nursing this time around I've been able to avoid the leaking. I will say that I had MASSIVE over-supply with DS so I think the explosive amounts of colostrum I made during pregnancy was indicative of that.

I leak pee too, even though I do my kegels religiously. Maybe finding a cloth panty liner would help you, they are more comfortable than sposies.

· Registered
1,293 Posts
s
I second the thin cloth ped recommend. I'm not fond of them either, but if you get a nice soft flannel and get the size/shape right for you, that should feel pretty ok.

Same for the breast leaking. Instead of making the regular thick ones, just a single or double layer of super soft flannel should at least protect your bras. Or maybe jersey. I seem to remember the flannel leaving little fuzzies to mix in with the crusties. Ewww. But 1 or 2 layers should be thin enough to be discreet for now. When your milk does come in, it sounds like you may have to give up on discreet for a little while. I think Katie is on to something with the early leaking maybe indicating more supply later. We'll call this a case study, shall we?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.