Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else leaking yet? Just curious if this is any kind of indication of getting closer?

I started leaking the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's not too much... the most that I have seen on my shirt is about a wet spot the size of a half dollar, give or take.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I've started leaking!! Hopefully it doesn't mean I'm too much closer - I have stuff going on!

But yeah, I leak ALOT - most recently after my boyfriend and I DTD I was cuddled up to him, and I leaked all over his shirt! There was a big spot - about 4 inches in diameter. I thought it was hilarious, and he was less than impressed - he wouldn't cuddle with me after that! Oh well, he wasn't too upset, just didn't want stuff all over him!

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol

My DH thought it was cool. He got all excited saying it means I must be getting really close now.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
I don't think it's an indicator or getting closer but if you can trigger an oxytocin surge like having an orgasm or those soft feelings of having a baby in your arms you're way more likely to leak.

For some reason, I never leaked much unless there was physical pressure but nowadays when I carry DD out of the bedroom in the morning, I'll usually find a wet spot on that side. It'll be weird to have full breasts again!

·
Registered
339 Posts
oh I am a doofus! I thought you meant leaking amniotic fluid and I was like. . .um that's not good is it?? duh! I've been leaking colostrum for over a month now! Not enough to wear nursing pads but I put some tissue in my bra, otherwise I have to wash my bra everytime I wear it, no thanks!

·
Registered
688 Posts
It's not an indication of being closer to birth...colostrum production starts in the 2nd trimester and you can leak at any time from then on. Lots of women don't leak at all during pregnancy and some do quite a bit...all variations of normal.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2annabelle View Post
It's not an indication of being closer to birth...colostrum production starts in the 2nd trimester and you can leak at any time from then on. Lots of women don't leak at all during pregnancy and some do quite a bit...all variations of normal.
:

I've had colostrum present since ~15 weeks and started leaking not too long after that.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I was hoping. lol

It's still so surprising to me to wake up in the morning and stumble into the bathroom and then notice spots on my night shirt in the mirror.

Crazy all the changes we go through...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've been leaking a lot for about 2 months. Even getting some milk mixed in. Our sheets are covered with spots and stains.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.