Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use Learn at Home K? I am thinking of getting it for next year for DS' K year. I won't be using it exclusively, as I plan on mostly following his interests, but thought it might be a good resource to have. Any thoughts or reviews?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I don't own it but I've looked at it online. I think it really depends on what you want. When I looked at it, I felt it was too scripted and artificial for us--but I'm a big believer in holistic learning, non-cut and paste/workbook stuff. I know my 4 yo is way past the stuff it teaches already so the content would also be a poor fit for us. My feeling was that for the $20 it costs I could get other resources that would work better for us.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Allison. I am going to try to look at it at Border's and see if it would be a good fit, but just thought I'd see if anyone else has used it!<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
We use Learn At Home K for my 3.5 yo. I think it is a great resource to have for that price, and we have done many things out of the book, though we don't follow the schedule exactly. My DD loves the schooly workbook stuff, so for us it has been great. Learn At Home really helped her with reading and writing. For me, it is good to have some inspiration, and there are always some appropriate activities that we can pull out to do at home in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts