Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds will be just over 10 months on our wedding anniversary, and we desperately need a date. we haven't been out since before I got pregnant with ds, so it's been about 18 months. We've been on the brink of divorce for months/years, and are just starting to get back to "normal". Anyway, my father and stepmother have my 3 y/o dd a lot, and will of course have ds anytime we're ready. We're plannign on a 2-3 hour lunch date the day after our anniversary. That is his best time of day after a morning nap. I'm looking for other ways to make this easiest on him as possible. My pumping output is nil, so leaving bm is probably not in the cards. Our anniversary is at the end of this month. Tips?<br><br>
Trisha

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bet he'll do great if it's after his am nap. Maybe leave favorite toys & snacks, but I wouldn't worry too much. My dd is the same age & stays w/the grands well now.<br>
Enjoy your lunch!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Does your son hang out with his grands on a regular basis? If so, he may view the whole experience as just another afternoon with them. On a regular visit, you might want to see what happens if you and your DP leave the room he's in for a bit. Leave him to play with your dad and stepmom while you hang out in the next room for a little bit and see how he does.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I left my son all day with my mom at 10 months, and I was a nervous wreck- but he did awesome! He had such a nice time playing with my mom and eating foods I don't give him (but had pre-approved) Have a nice time and try not to worry too much!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Can you do a trial run beforehand? It would be a shame to spend your special date fraught with anxiety over your LO. Maybe if you tried 30 min or so then when you leave him for longer it will be easier for you.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I left my daughter at that age for the first time and she did very well. It's great that you'll be able to leave her with family--I did too. I also only left my daughter with about a spoonful of BM and she hadn't even gotten into eating much solids, but she did fine with water in a sippy cup and eating Cheerios and some other things while I was out. She also was great at naptime--I brought our stroller over and they took her for a walk to fall asleep.<br>
Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts