Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 5th anniversary is in a couple weeks so DH and I are heading to a local hotel for 1 night this weekend and to Boston for 2 in the fall. Any advice to make it easier for 25 m.o. DS? He's no longer nursing. This time my parents are coming and my mom is going to sleep in our bed with him since thats where he ends up every night.

· Registered
228 Posts
Talk to him about what is going to happen, maybe leave a tshirt or item of your clothing with your 'smell' on it to comfort your child, I am sure he will do just fine with your mum!

· Registered
428 Posts
The only time I left my daughter overnight was when she was 24 months old for 1 night (Dh and I were in the hospital with the new baby). I thought it was going to be a big traumatic thing...but we explained that grandma would stay with her for one night and we would be back in the morning. She did way better than I expected (didn't seem bothered at all) and I think the worst part was worrying about her the whole time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.