Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what age would you leave your baby at a gym daycare?<br>
What should i be looking for when i visit, what should i be worried about?<br>
I would like to go back to the gym to take some classes but not sure if dd is ready. she holds her head up really well and loves to interate with other kids but what else will she do when i am working out?<br>
Thanks

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I've wondered this too...my DD is 9.5 months. I just can't bring myself to do it. I observed the one at my YMCA...it seems nice, especially for the toddlers and up. But, the infant section was just ok. They had several TV's blaring Baby Einstein crap, a couple babied were crying in these seats they had. I mean, with 2 people and 5 babies, they can't do everything at once. I think I'll wait until she can walk and communicate a little.<br><br>
Anyone else??

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I would take her with you and visit during a time you are likely to work out. I have taken my girls to the Y babysitting room a handful of times, but now that the baby is walking I haven't because the room really isn't set up to accomodate a wobbly walker. She also puts *everything* in her mouth and working out just isn't worth catching the cold of the week. I also was super nice/friendly to the workers and made a point of saying that she prefers to be held or sitting where she can watch and hates the swing. Our Y has really great caregivers and the childcare director was always in/out of the room checking up. I really think you just need to go with your gut and see if you think your baby's temperment is a good match for the situation she'll be in. Ideally, I think I'd rather see if I can find a mom locally to swap short term babysitting with since I'm usually only there for an hour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts