Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh, okay, I gotta let everyone know that my pregnancy ended about two weeks ago (I'm just going to copy this post in the different places I need to let people know and get it over with!). On July 11th I had heavy bleeding, and I was at the doctor all week, in and out to be examined and blood work done, etc., and the upshot is that the pregnancy just ended itself, and it was very straightforward and simple as these things go-- it was just like a normal period, and my OB (who I got to meet early, as it happened) checked and everything's all cleared out. I was INCREDIBLY sad that first week, and although I've managed to pull myself together pretty well, I still have bouts of sadness/crying. Which is why I'm online right now and not at church, because I don't feel like crying in public, by myself, which I would if I went. I was just starting to let myself believe that I was pregnanct and start planning and working on things, and it's difficult to take those feeling back, to revise the envisioned future you've been having. I kept picturing being able to announce it when I return to school (work) in the fall (actually, I have found that I am telling everyone about the miscarriage. I didn't tell about the pregnancy because I didn't want to have to untell, but telling about m/c after the fact doesn't seem so bad; in fact, I don't think I could function w/o people knowing what's been going on, it's so huge). SIGH. Like I said, it was just like a period, not even much cramping, to be honest, so I'm hoping that I have another period very soon so we can start trying again. I'll still totally be around the pregnancy board, but I'll also be in the TTC area again, too. I know a lot of you mamas have been through this, and I know it's very common and I'll probably have a very happy and full pregnancy very soon!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
just wanted to say I am very sorry about your loss, and hope you will return to a DDC soon!

take good care of yourself!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I'm so sorry hun!
I had a mc in April and I understand your pain.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hang in there, Mama.

Blessings on a healthy pregnancy next time around.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm sorry, too, and will be sending you lots of comforting thoughts. Please be extra gentle with yourself, and good for you for talking to as many people as you need to get the support you deserve.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts