Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doesn't really work. I was inspired by the recent thread about making up dough with no intention of actually cooking it. I was craving some sugar this evening, so I looked in the cupboard and found a brownie batter mix.
: Anyway, I mixed it up but instead of adding an egg (salmonella risk) I just added an extra T. of water so that it wouldn't be too thick. The batter was very tasty, BTW, however, a bit too rich for me. I knew I wouldn't eat it all, so I decided to throw it in the oven. I thought about the missing egg, but didn't want to add it at that point b/c I knew it would make the brownies fluffy (like cake) and I don't like them that way. So, I just threw them in.

:LOL It's still quite tasty! But it's hard and more like fudge or tootsie roll. Mmmmm.....

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting musician/mom. We do mostly use cage-free organic eggs. I read through that article and it mentioned that mixing/blending can damage the proteins in the egg yolds. I don't know if I could handle eating it plain, but you may be losing some of the good proteins by mixing it in your smoothies.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by weebitty2
next time try a 1/4c of yogurt instead of an egg.
you still get the chewy fudgy brownie (baked) with a kickbutt batter to eat.
Thanks. I'll have to try that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts