Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So says Sy Hersh, including this chilling quote:

Quote:
A former intelligence officer said, "We told Israel, 'Look, if you guys have to go [wage an air war against Hezbollah], we're behind you all the way. But we think it should be sooner rather than later-the longer you wait, the less time we have to evaluate and plan for Iran before Bush gets out of office.' "
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/conten.../060821fa_fact

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Just wait for the propaganda to begin: they will start building up Iran to be this scary scary country run by wide-eyed fanatics, who want to build the bomb so they can give it to terrorists to bomb poor little freedom luvn USA, which had only ever given it love, and coca-cola, and wouldn't harm a fly, unless FREEDOM IS UNDER THREAT. WMD will be bleated about on the media, and the Iran PM will be made to look like Satan with a beard.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Iran and the US stance on it just pisses me off. We had such an opportunity after 9/11 to reach out to one of the Muslim countries who actually showed sympathy and support to us and we bolloxed it up. Had we not, we wouldn't have been in this position. Sometimes one can gently introduce and encourage democracy. It's hard not to feel this administration views Arabs and Muslims as less than human. And I say Arabs b/c I'm not sure the administration even gives a damn about Christian Arabs either.

I like Sy Hersh, he's been on The Daily Show a few times always kind of depressing to hear what he has to say though.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisalou
Sometimes one can gently introduce and encourage democracy. It's hard not to feel this administration views Arabs and Muslims as less than human. And I say Arabs b/c I'm not sure the administration even gives a damn about Christian Arabs either.
What pisses me off is the fact that the U.S. wouldn't need to introduce democracy into Iran if it hadn't gotten rid of Iran's last democratically elected leader just because he had the wacky notion that Iran should receive the profits from the sale of its natural resources and not the United States.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.