Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had forgotten all about this symptom until it showed up a few days ago. Achy sore legs, especially in my calves, and some restless leg stuff at night that makes it really hard to get to sleep. I have found that a warm bath helps a little but I'm trying to remember how long this lasted with my previous pregnancies. I'm not sure, I hope it wasn't very long. Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been getting pretty bad pain in my legs every night. Tonight it's my right leg but last night it was my left. The pain goes from my thigh to my knee all the way to my calf. I was thinking it could be sciatica but I'm not sure. This is my 3rd pregnancy and the aches in pains are worse than i remember with my other pregnancies. Hip pain, leg pain, back pain...it was never this bad with my other 2. A warm bath sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Get enough calcium and particularly enough magnesium can often help with cramping & restless legs. Most of us don't get enough magnesium

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Definitely can be a sign of low calcium. I struggled with this my first pg and I am hoping not to have it happen again, although I expect it will return. Last time my MW rec taking a Cal/Mag supp at bedtime. . .I took it when I brushed my teeth (you want to take it at night). I also found that taking a short walk and then doing some gentle stretching before bed really helped.

Last time it only affected me in the second tri. . .I guess there has to be something bad about the second tri, right? :/

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, I started taking a cal/mag supplement yesterday. I don't drink milk and realized that might be the problem. Hoping it helps.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've had RLS most of my life... started when I was about 10 or so, and has really never gone away! (It seems to run in my family, - my mom, grandma and brother all have it) Pregnancy is of course no exception ;) I have had success with magnesium specifically - if you're going to try this, see if you can get a *liquid* supplement - that worked best for me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.