Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now officially on the wagon except for my pending custom orders.

I messed up. Repeatedly.

I bought stuff on e-bay that I don't need or like or don't know what to do with. I bought stuff at a stocking just because I liked it, even though I'll probably never use it.

I had my funds loosened because my stash was low, and I spent the funds impulsively and stupidly.

I set up another mama with a diaper stash and no longer have anything to sell off to make the wounds any better.

So let me be the first one to climb on the wagon today.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts

Quote:
I messed up. Repeatedly.
- that's me too - REALLY bad.
:

This week I'm a surrogate stalker so I'm hoping to get my 'fix' with that since I love to stalk. I told my DH he lucks out, I get to stalk, shop and spend money but it won't be any of his!

Last week I said I needed chains to stay on the wagon, this week I need chains and shackles.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
There's one stocking that I'm going to try to avoid at all costs this week--not mentioning any names, but darn it if the store's ad didn't just pop up while I was typing this!

I'm waiting til the end of July/mid-August to reassess my needs...at least that's what I keep telling myself!

In the meantime, I'm going to focus on getting some non-diaper stuff together to sell on ebay and start stashing away that PayPal!

:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yep, I'm on too
: I won a cover on e-bay last night "by accident." I love it, but didn't think I would win
:
:
: I do such dumb things on ebay. Than I'm not buying anything until September. I will have to pay for my fluffymail custom and possibly my el bee custom, but I'm NOT ordering anything.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Hi.

I've been doing decently. I haven't been spending our money but I use up any paypal I earn as soon as I get it. I would really like to hold onto some of it some time. But, since I haven't been spending real money can I drive???

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
I fell off for a few days but made my way back up as soon as I was able to hang on to the end of the wagon. It was moving fast so hard to get a good grip.
: I am staying here. While I was off the wagon I sold a bunch of stuff to get something so it was not as bad as falling off and just going nuts.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Quote:
I messed up. Repeatedly.
Don't I know how that is!
:

I have banned myself from ebay too. I can relate on the doing stupid things there. Every single stupid time I bid I regret it two seconds later and start praying that somebody will outbid me. Well, last week I won the wool cover and fitted from Divine Coverings. Yes, it was only a $19.95 bid ($24.95 after shipping) but that is a whole tank of gas for my husband's car! I was so sure I would get outbid. I mean a wool cover and a fitted for twenty bucks?

So I am soooo on the wagon, and I have to find a way to hang out and chat without going to the TP or ebay. Usually I can talk myself out of buying things at the shops, but for some reason I am a sucker for a deal on the TP!

So please if I PM you about something you are selling, remind me that I am on the wagon and that I shouldn't be spending money!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chloesmom
I'm seriously considering having my husband change my paypal passwords so I can't get into it by myself.
:
That's actually a good idea - scary, but good. I might have to do that too.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
stupid things on ebay- are there other kinds of things to do on ebay? :LOL seriously, i forgot how addictive any kind of shopping can be when i have a "reason" ugh. i picked up an item for a mama, she paypal'd me & i spent it the second it came in! forget about all the little stuff i've slowly nickel'd & dimed away. i'm on a freeze until i can sell some stuff. i want to try the tp first- less risk, more specific. all our stuff is brand new if we didn't get it from the tp, so odds are good, right?
: who knows? i do know that i have figured out what works for us & would like some more but can't justify when we have a bag of stuff that doesn't work just sitting in the closet.

so my countdown to being allowed to sell on the tp is on (is my clock broken?
) until then, unless it's the deal of a lifetime on the tp (yes, leaving the tiniest shred of hope here!) i've gotta just say no.

my big coping skill is actually lurking the stockings & watching the action. it's only a tiny bit self-abusive & i actually feel like i participated. is there a therapist out there for people like me???

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
something I do not need I have quit the all the diaper yahoo groups I was on but one. I was a very good girl anyway because I did not buy until I had sold off everything else. Alek was practically nakid for a few months.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I'm on the wagon. I decided to forgo my goal of two days worth of fitteds, and now have a bunch of prefolds on the way. There are way more important things to focus our $ on at the moment.

My mom is paying for some of the PFs to be custom dyed, so that will be fun to look forward to!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
i'm on too though i've bought two things with funded paypal since this wagon got started, a fitted and a wooly bully.
if/when our house sells i'm making a celebration purchase so the driver better stop the wagon and let me off then. lol! perhaps that will happen right when my number comes up at elbee.
good luck ladies!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Me too. Today I actually threw away the list of sites that sold what I really want (more wool!) so I figure that's making progress. And dh only intercepted 3 packages last week while I was away - it could have been worse, but I have to say NO MORE!!!

Changing Paypal paswords is too much of a committment for me. Then I'd have to tell dh everytime I wanted something and would drive him crazy. Plus, how could I impulse-buy?? (tho I gues that's to point
)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I need to climb on. I have three pieces of fluff on the way. A HPC WIO won on ebay - I was sure I would be outbid.
: And two fitted diapers.

I have so many wool covers we can't possible use them all. Plus I love knitting and prefer using our homemade soakers to most of my covers.

I need to seriously re-evaluate my stash and make some adjustments. I need no diapers so shoudn't be buying anything. I have spent way too much money and don't feel so good about any of the stuff we have right now. I don't even feel like I want to buy anything.

I guess that is good because Veronica is between sizes and we have no money to spend on anything extra right now.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Alright girls...I need on for a little bit too. I just wrote a few tuition checks and after seeing all those zeros, I should take a spending break! :LOL Nobody told me how expensive kids are! Haha!

I hesitate to post because I tend to have little self control (I admit it!) and I haven't run out of money or anything, but I REALLY have enough dipes! But oh how I love fluffymail....

Okay, I need to go fairy now to get my daily fluff fix. How sad that I have lots of stuff here to fairy that is new?!?

Good luck today girlies!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts