Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I have never, in the 18 months that I have nursed ds felt "letdown"!! I also have NEVER been engorged. I've felt a little full once when ds slept real good one night! But never have been in pain, or had hard breasts. THis is also including when my milk came in. I really dont know when my milk came in. I had trouble nursing ds and had to pump on the 2nd day, and the LC was amazed as well as the other moms at the clinic when I pumped 2 ounces in under 5 minutes and it was pretty much a white color, not yellow like colostrum. But I still felt it was colostrum cuz everyone said I would know it and feel it when my milk came in. Well, pp 4 days I tell the LC ( I lived at the Lacatation clinic!!) that my milk hasnt come in yet. SHe leans over, gently pinches my nipple and the biggest stream of milk comes out. "YOu got milk sweetie!" she said!!! I was leaking milk at around 8 months pregnant too. I would feel this wetness on my belly or leg, and realize I had leaked. But thats also the only time I have EVER leaked really. Well, okay, I did leak like 3 times while I was nursing ds, on the other breast. My LC always said that my body was just made to nurse! My body knew how much milk to make, and was regulated very well!

so, everyone is different. I always wonder if I'm missing out on the whole let down thing? AM i??? I know I am glad about the good supply and no leaking or engorgement thing though.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.