Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello all! I'm Amanda, 31, married and a first timer here with the forums, not the babes. I have 2 daughters (5 & 21 months) and a son (3). I've always imagined us with 4 kiddos but it still feels surreal that I'm writing that I'm due with #4 ! We're excited but after this one, hubby says DONE so I'm going to try and enjoy this pregnancy. We're not planning on telling anyone yet so it'll be nice to have people to chat and be excited with! With the holidays, I had forgot to write down AF so I really don't know my actual due date but would guess end of September. I meet with my OB next Thursday to confirm dates. Congrats to all and I'm looking forward to getting to know you and share this time!

· Registered
195 Posts
Hi all!
Not sure I'm going to belong here, but figured I'd join for now until I'm far enough along to figure out dates.

This will be babe #4 , still nursing DD1 a little bit and only had one PP period with almost no signs of ovulating after it. So... my best guess right now is a due date (range) of somewhere between 27 Sept - 7 Oct. Since I usually go to 41 weeks I'll probably join the Oct DDC later.
Let's see, I'll be 35 soon, this will be another UC unless something starts to feel wrong (then I'll talk to one of the local midwives), I've had low progesterone in the past so am staying cautious about this pregnancy for now- excited but not too excited yet.

· Registered
8 Posts
Sweetsriracha- Who knows. Last time I was just 2 days "overdue". :)

Edelweiss - My issues with weight and eating tend to be more towards the end of eating and gaining too much. I am currently overweight and I think I should be legitimately concerned about keeping my weight in check during my pregnancy. I'll have to talk to my midwife about what she thinks. I was thinking of veering towards the lesser weight gain recommendation for overweight women, unless my midwife says other wise. I'm really trying just to not eat much junk and stay active (and not binge eat). :)

Starlitjones - I think its great that you are taking care of yourself, even if that includes antidepressants. I have struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life. Medication can be such a big help. Be kind to yourself. Many women take antidepressants during pregnancy and have no adverse effects.

I'll be 6 weeks on Monday and so far only mild nausea. I'm expecting that it will hit this week, as it did last time.

· Registered
45 Posts
Chirunner I think focusing on any healthy foods and protein would be a good idea. Have you looked at the Brewer diet? I just eat what doesn't make me sick at this stage but when the nausea subsides I'll really avoid sugar and other not so nourishing foods.

My ultrasound is this coming Wednesday but we're supposed to have a blizzard Tuesday so we'll see if we can make it . After that I plan to make an appointment with the midwives and see about switching over from my high risk OB I needed with my twins and for infertility. I really really want a VBAC and had unmedicated birth with my singleton and c section due to twin A presentation of footling breech.

· Registered
45 Posts
Chirunner it's really a good diet for healthy babies. My twins were early but very good sized, actually ahead even for singleton growth and I really credit all the protein. With my daughter I just ate whatever , no special focus on protein and she was small for gestational age.

· Registered
195 Posts
@Chirunner24, I second the Brewer diet! Many women have told me really good things about it. I somewhat followed it with my last pregnancy, didn't keep track of anything, but am going to be doing it more purposefully this time. (I grow big babies though.)

Over the weekend I did some more calculating and combing over my chart and am pretty sure I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. We don't do ultrasounds though so I'll have to wait to see if my fundal height matches up with those dates in a few weeks. No morning sickness yet, but we'll see what this week brings, lol.

@Edelweiss98 , is it a dating ultrasound? Or to check for multiples? If you don't mind me asking. I remember with my first two the nurse-midwife wouldn't do an ultrasound until after 12 weeks.

· Registered
45 Posts
Steph Anie - both, this office does dating at 10 weeks . I'll be 10 on Friday . We had a super quick ultrasound that showed 1 but my doppler is picking up heartbeat on both sides. Now I'm really nervous. With my daughter I just had an 18 week scan but since I'm at a high risk infertility place now due to multiple miscarriages, they do 2 or more if there are problems.

· Registered
21 Posts
Steph Anie - both, this office does dating at 10 weeks . I'll be 10 on Friday . We had a super quick ultrasound that showed 1 but my doppler is picking up heartbeat on both sides. Now I'm really nervous. With my daughter I just had an 18 week scan but since I'm at a high risk infertility place now due to multiple miscarriages, they do 2 or more if there are problems.
Edelweiss, good luck! I am eager to hear what you learn at the Doctor's in regards to dating and two little heartbeats.

I ended up going with an OB this pregnancy, and I'm happy with that decision. We do have a decent CPM in this area, but I did have a hospital transfer with DS and this OB's practice is very crunch-friendly.

They did bloodwork on me (all good), but her practices doesn't do actual appointments with low-risk Mamas for appointments until 10 weeks unless there's a concern or issue. Is that usual?

· Registered
45 Posts
Edelweiss, good luck! I am eager to hear what you learn at the Doctor's in regards to dating and two little heartbeats.

I ended up going with an OB this pregnancy, and I'm happy with that decision. We do have a decent CPM in this area, but I did have a hospital transfer with DS and this OB's practice is very crunch-friendly.

They did bloodwork on me (all good), but her practices doesn't do actual appointments with low-risk Mamas for appointments until 10 weeks unless there's a concern or issue. Is that usual?
Yes, typically 10-12 weeks you see the doctor but maybe paperwork and bloodwork appointment with nurse before.

I think I was hearing placenta or something because the only really higher hb I've found has been on the right and the other is 110-120. We've had a blizzard and most things are closed but I'll call in an hour . I doubt they closed and I've been worrying myself and just hoping baby is alive and well and cyst is smaller.

My OB is very non crunchy , but I understand because he does high risk, infertility and multiples. He's very good but if I'm low risk or lower, I prefer someone who will really support me in my birth desires.

· Registered
21 Posts
And... I should add. According to date of ovulation, I'm due September 27th.

I have my first midwife and early ultrasound appointment when I'll be about 10 weeks along.
Yes, typically 10-12 weeks you see the doctor but maybe paperwork and bloodwork appointment with nurse before.

I think I was hearing placenta or something because the only really higher hb I've found has been on the right and the other is 110-120. We've had a blizzard and most things are closed but I'll call in an hour . I doubt they closed and I've been worrying myself and just hoping baby is alive and well and cyst is smaller.

My OB is very non crunchy , but I understand because he does high risk, infertility and multiples. He's very good but if I'm low risk or lower, I prefer someone who will really support me in my birth desires.
Good luck, and again -- keep us posted! I hear you regarding the want for someone who will support you...hopefully you can find a provider who is in line with what you want.

And that makes sense re: appointments. I had the bloodwork, and will do intake with a nurse prior to seeing the OB on the 29th.

· Registered
195 Posts
Glad everything was good news, Edelweiss!

Looks like I'm dropping out of this DDC, ladies. :( Started bleeding this morning, cramps all day and it's just getting worse. I've never had a miscarriage before, but it sure seems like this is it.
Hope the rest of you all have great pregnancies and healthy babies!

· Registered
45 Posts
Glad everything was good news, Edelweiss!

Looks like I'm dropping out of this DDC, ladies. :( Started bleeding this morning, cramps all day and it's just getting worse. I've never had a miscarriage before, but it sure seems like this is it.
Hope the rest of you all have great pregnancies and healthy babies!
Steph Anie I'm so sorry to hear this. The lady who created this blog was a huge help to me during my 2nd miscarriage. She has a lot of good information here. http://lostinnocentsorthodox.blogspot.com

· Registered
150 Posts
Hello, I'm Susan and am expecting (live) baby #4 on Sept 14 based on ovulation. Our last baby was born sleeping at 25 weeks 2 years ago on the 6th.:frown: Our first was born in the hospital as a water birth with midwives. Second and third were UC. We are planning a UC with this one also. We are thrilled for this rainbow baby but scared as we don't know the cause for our loss. Oh and I'm 41 so not a young mama at all. So today the 8th of Feb we are 8 weeks 5 days.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello ladies! My name is Riley and I am 23. My husband and I got married on September 12th, 2015 and are now expecting our first little one! I'm due September 5th which also happens to be my birthday! :smile:
We both are beyond excited for this next step in our lives together.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.