Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Let's all introduce ourselves to get to know each other better! I will take all the information and add it to this post so we can keep track of information as we all progress in our pregnancies!

Add whatever information you would like to your introduction, estimated due date (time of month or date, whatever you prefer), what number of pregnancy this is for you, where you are from, your age, kids ages, feelings about being pregnant, etc! I'm excited to get know you all!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, I'm 36 and this is my 7th pregnancy with 3 children. I had two miscarriages towards the end of last year, so I have slight trepidation with this pregnancy but I am also filled with gratitude and love for this little person. I had one previous miscarriage before those 2 in between my 2nd and 3rd kids, and that made me walk into any future pregnancy with trepidation and fear. I am leaving that behind this time, and finding the beauty in each moment of early pregnancy.

This pregnancy was not planned, but I am still very excited. We haven't told our kids yet, only a few close friends. We have a 10 year old, an 8 year old, and a 3 year old. And we also have a puppy that we have had for about 6 weeks - not well planned at all! My due date is end of February/early March but I tend to go at least a week past due dates so I am going to hang out in the March DDC. Looking forward to hearing from others!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi! I'm also 36 and this is my 3rd pregnancy. We have a 5yo boy and a 3yo girl who have been asking for a sibling for some time now (little do they know what they're asking for... :grin:)
We haven't told anyone we were ttc and will wait until at least the first ultrasound to see if everything is allright. People will tell us we are crazy, but we don't give a... well, we don't care :p

I'm really happy about this pregnancy. I waited a while until DH agreed to have a 3rd child, so last week when the test was positive, I couldn't believe my eyes (I still keep the test by my nightstand just to check, from time to time :laugh:)

My due date should be early March. Oh! And I'm from Portugal, so excuse my rusty english :wink:

·
Registered
933 Posts
I am 31 with a 6 year old son and two girls, four years and 22 months. The youngest just potty trained so good timing there. I had a miscarriage this spring and so am extra anxious this time around. We have always planned on four. Due date looks like March 5th. I only hang out at MDC when pregnant so it is nice to be back.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi everyone! I am 34 with 3 little girls (6, 3 and 1). I was dreaming about having a 4th but my husband was not so sure...looks like fate decided for us. I just found out today and plan on telling my husband tonight once the kids are asleep. We are most likely moving in November so looks like it will be a crazy year. I believe I am due the first week of March. I am excited but a bit overwhelmed at the though of 4 kids, but I know if will all work out. Love that we are all moms of multiples and we are around the same age

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm Courtney, and I found out last week I'm pregnant with baby #2! I have one daughter who will be 7 in August. My bf has sole custody of his two kids- 6 y/o DD and 6 y/o DS. This is our first baby together <3
I have also birthed two sets of surrogate twins. One set in April of 2012, and the second set was born February 2015. So this is pregnancy #4 for my body, and baby #6!!! lol confusing, I know. :p
I am already having some dull ligament pain. Anyone else?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm Katrina, I'm 24 and this will be #3 for me. I have a 3.5 yo boy and another little boy who will be 2 in a few weeks. Tentative due date is March 9, although I think my ovulation was late, as I got a veeeeery faint frer pos 3 days after AF was due, so due date is probably a tad early.

We're very excited for our 3rd, although a little overwhelmed (particularly DH!).

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I am 34 and have 12 yo and a 6yo sons. I am pregnant again and due 3/6/2016.

I've have recurrent miscarriages in the past- 6 between my sons and one more 4 years ago in 2011. So we are hopeful but not ready to tell anyone IRL until things have progressed further. We've been here before. Hopefully this time works out ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excited First Time Mom!

We just found out a few days ago that my husband and I are pregnant with our first! We are very excited although a little stressed since our financial savings recently took a hit with the purchase of our new home! We had expected it to take at least 6 months to conceive after going off bc pills, but it turns out I never even got through the first month!! :) Suits our impatient personalities I guess...

So far only we know, another couple friend, my doctor, and our newly discovered midwife! We are planning a surprise pregnancy reveal to our family at our open house when we are 12 weeks (they don't suspect a thing :grin:)!

Our plan is to do a homebirth with a midwife, and it will be interesting to see how our family and friends react. The VAST majority of women in this area give birth in a hospital and our local hospital has almost a 50% C-section rate. The hospital will be there for me if I need them, otherwise I'm staying home!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks!

I am 33 and have known that I was pregnant for about 2 weeks. I'm due early in March and am about 6weeks pregnant. I'm having a really hard time not sharing the news with my mom and close friends because I want to talk to them about it. I feel like a total fake when people ask me what's new and I say "nothing". My husband wants to wait until we see our midwife at the end of the month so I am doing my best but it's all I think about.

This is my first intentional pregnancy and will be our first child. Super excited, terrified, happy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pregnant again!

I was on MDC the last pregnancy and I didn't realise that it was such a public forum! My DDC kept in contact with each other until our kids were two years old on a private Facebook group (nobody can read the posts), so I thought I'd try that again with this DDC. :)

Here's the link if anyone is interested in joining...

March 2016 Facebook DDC

Hope to see some of you there. Can't wait to go through this pregnancy and first years with you all. :love

Attachments

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Hi! I'm 35 and this is baby #5 for our family. We had not planned on baby #5, so I'm still getting used to this. I have three DDs (11, 7, 4) and one DS (22mo). My EDD is 2/29 or 3/1.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm excited to get to know you all as these forums have been invaluable for me in my past pregnancies.

I'm 32 and just learned we are expecting our third child... a bit of a surprise and I confess with a bit of trepidation, so I'm relieved to see all the moms of multiple kids already here and hoping you have advice. :) I have two daughters, 5 and 1 1/2, and, well, I hadn't made my mind up yet as to whether I wanted another and if I did, it was not for another year or so. My little one is... still so little. I don't want to wean her but I know I may have to for my own and the new baby's sake. I'm also a tiny bit sad thinking that she won't have any memory of this baby's birth and babyhood as her big sister does for her - but then, I've heard having closer-in-age siblings has a lot of good points too!

Being as this is the third time and unexpected my main feeling right now is "crap, I have two weeks to get my life in order before I get sick... ugh I am going to be so exhausted!" I'm exhausted just thinking about it and I feel fine still! Trying to remind myself about the beautiful aspects of pregnancy - I've always loved much of it before, and I've learned a LOT about how to help myself (swimming for backache, a dozen nausea remedies tried... I'm going to work hard in advance to prevent constipation, etc!) so I just have to do it now.

March is a great month to have a baby, right? :laugh:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I am 30 and from New York City. I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant with my rainbow baby. I have been tracking ovulation and believe I my EDD is March 21. My husband and I miscarried our first babygirl at 10 weeks in January 2015x We decided to wait to tell our family and friends this time around. We are very scared and nervous. I took two tests to make sure I was pregnant. I have been seeing a RE for about 2 years now and we have been trying for about 5 years and I have an appointment tomorrow to have my betas checked.

Goodluck ladies! I def need support to keep quiet and for any advice all of you can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Baby #2 surprise!

Hi everyone,

I found out last week that I am pregnant with Baby #2 . My husband and I were not trying at all, so this was a bit of a surprise. My son is 10 months old and I am a bit anxious about having 2 under 2. Other than that, I feel incredibly blessed. My first pregnancy we told our parents fairly quickly, but haven't decided when to tell them. Right now, we are thinking about after my OB confirms the pregnancy.

My first son was born via C-Section, which was not what I wanted at all. I will be trying to VBAC this time around and am a bit nervous about that.

Congratulations, ladies!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi all!
I'm Darla and this is baby #3 . We have a 5.5 year old and almost 16 month old. We live in the burbs of Chicagoland. Where is everyone else from

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm 43. This is my 5th pregnancy and will be my 3rd child. I just found out today, wasn't trying or hoping for any more kids at all, and I'm processing it all still. Things are complicated right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Hello, all. I got a positive test yesterday, although its pretty faint. Im hoping nothing is wrong and that its just early yet. I have three kids now...almost 5, 3.5, and 20 months. I have still nursing my young one, so im not altogether sure of the due date or ovulation date at all.
I am happy about this baby; very happy...however, my husband and i are going through some really bad times and im not sure what will happen. A baby is a blessing, no matter when and under whatever circumstances. fortunately, we both feel that way.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello Lovelies!

I found out Sunday, on our daughter's first birthday, we are expecting #5 . I am excited! I am just going to say late march, because I think I ovulated late. I don't really track, but I'm pretty in tune with what my body does. I also have DD 7, DS 6, DS 5, and DD 1. I am soon to be 31. Currently I work full time as a registered nurse supervising group homes for people with disabilities. I love my job but we are trying to find a way for me to either stay home or only work part time. It is such a blessing to get to go through this with all of you!

·
Registered
652 Posts
aaaaahhhhh!!!

i'm almost 41 (in three weeks) and i'm due in march. quite the shock, i tell you!

this will be my ninth pregnancy and fifth child. my kids are 22, 19, 17, and 12, so this is literally starting over again. in fact, my daughter is pregnant with her second!

i'm not sure how to feel or how this will work...i'm on blood pressure meds, and i am afraid of what that'll do to the baby. also, i'm old!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts