Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I love colored pencils with erasers for preschool and elementary school age children. In case you can't find it at your local store here is a link:

http://www.shopping.com/Binney-Amp-Smith-Color-Pencils-W-Eraser-10-Box-Bright-Colors/info

(I don't know if they are on any school lists but we use them at home)

Also we can't seem to have enough composition books. My older son and daughter went to school last year and they each had at least one "homework book" for the whole year (I don't remember doing that when I was in their grades so that was new to me) - the teacher wrote down my kindergartener's homework, and my second grader wrote down her homework, and when they completed the work at home I signed it and sent it back for the teacher. (One less book we'll need for homeschool, woo hoo!)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama View Post

I imagine that our district is responding to financial issues when deciding on uniforms. They do general guidelines like "Blue polo/khaki bottoms" so a thrifty family can outfit a kid for over two weeks for about a hundred dollars with all NEW clothes. Second hand, a family could find a week's worth of uniforms for $20, and I am also sure that schools offer assistance to families who need help. Our elementary did a uniform swap, which was wonderful!

ETA: Plus, I can't imagine that budget/ethics issues would allow a public school district to contract with a specific uniform supply shop. At least I would hope. ;-)
That sounds nice. Mine went (and might go) to a private school though, so it's a bit different.

In addition to the homework books (composition books), last year my then-kindergartener and second grader needed photo boxes. My daughter told me that they used them for crayons, colored pencils, and scissors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.