Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
We had a thread several months ago about this exhibit.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
What kind of a parent would allow that to happen to their child? Oh, that's right. It's all about the money
:

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
I think this "art" is in poor taste, and it's not an exibit I would personally want to see. However, I think calling her "abusive" is going too far.

·
Registered
934 Posts
How very sad

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthla
I think this "art" is in poor taste, and it's not an exibit I would personally want to see. However, I think calling her "abusive" is going too far.
I agree

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
let not do this again, please
The other thread wore me out.

it is very very sad.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Whatever you call it, that is a disgrace. we have legitimate protests and nonprofit orgs that are dedicated to being kinder to mice and monkeys than we are to children in movies/tv/art.

and wrt "abuse," I think we need a new subforum called "definitions" where we can discuss the definitions of words we're constantly debating, like:

AP
unschooling
abuse
full-time mom
natural living
gentle discipline

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
OMG.

I had heard about her "art" and thought it was disgusting (and treated my DH to an earful when he told me about it) but just had to click on the link to see for myself. I thought it was bad, but it's a million times worse than I thought. Those poor children weren't just made to cry (bad enough) but appear that they were crying and crying and crying. What kind of a person does that intentionally?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by katWrangler

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leilalu
let not do this again, please
The other thread wore me out.

it is very very sad.
Sorry about that. I did not know. I just saw it linked on my LA times today. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthla
Going too far?? This is abuse! I'd like to know what you call, giving a young child candy, then ripping it away, then as the child cries, snap a bunch of pics. These kids are barely clothed, some are crying so hard they are drooling and have snot running out of their noses. They are scared, probably in an unfamilar place, with strangers, and no physical comfort from their parents. And you think it's going too far to call the photographer abusive? Wow..just wow. The parents are just as much to blame.
:

Wonder if they even gave the candy back to them?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I believe that the linked article did state that yes, they gave them candy when the shoot was over. One of the little girls mentioned seems to be a seasoned child model. This was probably nothing new to her. And a year from now she probably won't remember this particular shoot. 15 years from now when she's getting ready to pay for college she might be very grateful that she participated in this shoot. I don't agree with how all children are treated in the entertainment industry. I just see a big difference in this project and something like Pretty Baby.

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KatWrangler

Link, please?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by prettypaws
I believe that the linked article did state that yes, they gave them candy when the shoot was over. One of the little girls mentioned seems to be a seasoned child model. This was probably nothing new to her. And a year from now she probably won't remember this particular shoot. 15 years from now when she's getting ready to pay for college she might be very grateful that she participated in this shoot. I don't agree with how all children are treated in the entertainment industry. I just see a big difference in this project and something like Pretty Baby.
I can not even believe what I am reading?! So abuse (or anything that purposely provokes a child into a drooling, snot running crying fit) is okay if the child never remembers it, or get's money for college? Another thing...the money....the child might see that money....but usually it's long gone before the children reach 18, because of money hungry parents.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.