Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I'm all for Hillary, but dp feels she comes with too much "Bill-baggage"(so to speak) and that the American people( at least halfish of them) will never be able to get beyond that.

What do you think?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Not Hillary ... I like her, but with all that baggage her chances of winning aren't good enough, and it would be a horrible campaign because it would become all about her and cloud the issues even more than usual - we need someone who can really win it this time

unfortunately, I have no real suggestions

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvia
I'm all for Hillary, but dp feels she comes with too much "Bill-baggage"(so to speak) and that the American people( at least halfish of them) will never be able to get beyond that.

What do you think?
I think that...

1. There's the Bill-baggage, like you mentioned
2. She comes across as a nasty, ballbusting bee-yotch of the highest order. Whether she is this way or not, that's how she comes off.
3. She's selling out to the Republicans lately, which certainly doesn't give her much credibility with either Republicans or Dems.
4. She's too "old" -- not chronologically, but she doesn't bring anything new to the table, not new energy, a sense of new purpose and vision.

Personally, I hope they put up Obama.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I'd love to see Obama run as well, but he's much too "green", don't you think? He's very savvy... I think he's waiting until he has plenty of political capital (which he will need, being a person of color... this country still has a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG way to go in that regard), and plenty of inside information, etc... he's not going to run until he's got a great shot at winning (and when he does, I'm jumping on his bandwagon!!!)

Personally, I think Hillary's "achilles heel" politically is that she's FEMALE... again, this country has a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG way to go... AARGH! If she were a male, "he" wouldn't come across "as a nasty, ballbusting bee-yotch of the highest order. Whether she is this way or not, that's how she comes off." He'd be regarded as a "go getter, take no prisoners, serious politician"

She's playing ball with the repugs because she HAS NO OTHER OPTION. Better to play ball with the devil than be banned from the playing field altogether.

I think she has plenty of fresh ideas... it's kind of hard to get your fresh ideas onto the table when the name of the game is survival.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolov

Personally, I think Hillary's "achilles heel" politically is that she's FEMALE... again, this country has a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG way to go... AARGH! If she were a male, "he" wouldn't come across "as a nasty, ballbusting bee-yotch of the highest order. Whether she is this way or not, that's how she comes off." He'd be regarded as a "go getter, take no prisoners, serious politician"

Or a minion of Satan. Or Karl Rove. Actually, being a minion of Satan wouldn't be as bad as the second option. Seriously, though, I think a male Hillary might come off as a nasty, ballbusting a&&hole of the highest order. The only difference is in the bathroom he'd use.

Quote:

She's playing ball with the repugs because she HAS NO OTHER OPTION. Better to play ball with the devil than be banned from the playing field altogether.
I seriously disagree, but let it lie; it's not the topic.

Quote:

I think she has plenty of fresh ideas... it's kind of hard to get your fresh ideas onto the table when the name of the game is survival.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Baudelaire
I think that...

1. There's the Bill-baggage, like you mentioned
2. She comes across as a nasty, ballbusting bee-yotch of the highest order. Whether she is this way or not, that's how she comes off.
3. She's selling out to the Republicans lately, which certainly doesn't give her much credibility with either Republicans or Dems.
4. She's too "old" -- not chronologically, but she doesn't bring anything new to the table, not new energy, a sense of new purpose and vision.

All that and she's a woman. I actually like Hilary and think she'd probably be up to the job, but I'd be surprised if the Democrats take a chance on running a woman.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hillary Briss?

But, knowing the Dems, I'd guess they would want someone less controversial.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Ouch.

Winona LaDuke. But, I don't think she likes the Dems much.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kama'aina mama
What about Guiliani? (SP) Wasn't there a lot of talk about that before? Or hey, maybe we could get Colin Powell!
I was first thinking Guiliani (or however you spell it) would run as a Republican. But, aside from election night, he doesn't seem to very visible right now. McCain, on the other hand - wouldn't surprise me a bit considering he was the spokesperson for the filibuster compromise and there's a made-for-TV movie airing based on his life within the next week or so. :LOL

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolov

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
I think it will be Hillary.

Liberal fellow from the Northeast isn't going to work.

Primal Scream isn't going to work.

Usually Southern good 'old boy works but Edwards is a trial lawyer (aka pond scum)

Dems may just do something bold and have Hillary on the top of the ticket.

My dream.....Hillary is the Dem and either Condollezza or Libby Dole is the Rep candidate.

Sigh......

Debra Baker

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
What ever happened to Dean? I mean, I don't live in the US, so am not as up to par on the daily doings of the politicians.
Didn't Dick Gephardt also want to run once?

I don't think Hillary will be on the Dem top ticket in 2008. The US isn't ready for a woman leader. Perhaps as Vice-President...

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Kerry has already said he is running again. I think Hillary will run, and it will depend on who the Repub nominee is. Hillary is a very polarizing figure. People seem to love her or hate her. And the Dems need someone that can appeal to an undecided voter.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.