Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK .... I'm on a quest to eliminate all expenses that are not necessary, and sometimes over looked.<br><br>
Let's talk car insurance!!<br><br>
What kind of deductibles do you have?<br>
What are the things I can eliminate .... for instance, I have to call Monday to take off silly things like towing, and rental car!!<br>
Anything else??

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
We have State Farm and for two vehicles (one full coverage-newer car, one liability and uninsured driver only-older car). Our deductibles are 500 for collision/comprehensive and 250 for uninsured motorist. We pay approximately $95 a month but I just got a quote from USAA for $70 so I am switching to them Monday. I do not have the rental car coverage for the older car but I went ahead and kept roadside assistance because it was only $2 per 6 months.<br><br>
If your vehicle is paid off you can eliminate everything except liability. If you have a loan you have to have full coverage. We are only keeping full coverage for the newer car (no loan) because it would be much more expensive to fix and is worth more.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
before you start cancelling anything, call around to every place you can & see if you can get a lower rate for the same coverage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts