Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Love, love, LOVE Carmen at Luscious Labels. The quality is amazing, and the price was unbelievable. I love having professional looking, fancy labels on my items.
I had crappy ones before and now I'm proud of them.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynski
Love, love, LOVE Carmen at Luscious Labels. The quality is amazing, and the price was unbelievable. I love having professional looking, fancy labels on my items.
I had crappy ones before and now I'm proud of them.
I just got mine from Carmen today and I love them!
She can get some basic information from you, then give you price ranges. She has great customer service, and always lets you know the status of your order, etc.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I got mine from PCB label. I love them! They are exactly what I wanted
I paid between $3-400 ( I don't remember right now) And a $50 first time fee for the color set up thing (man its kinda late. sorry I am not being entirely clear) And this is for 3,000 labels. Maybe this is a lot? but they were nice to me on the phone when no one else really was
:

the only thing I feel suspicious of is that there was a little delay in production and they told me it was for chinese new year. I bought from them because they were a Cali based company and I just assumed the production would be here. Why would I assume this?
I'm guessing they were made in China though. I could be wrong about that or maybe its just a lovely place to work in China but I just felt a little unsettled about it. Next time around I'd ask about this first and I also would like to check out Luscious Labels. Is carmen an mdc mama? I've only heard wonderful things.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Quote:
the only thing I feel suspicious of is that there was a little delay in production and they told me it was for chinese new year. I bought from them because they were a Cali based company and I just assumed the production would be here. Why would I assume this? I'm guessing they were made in China though. I could be wrong about that or maybe its just a lovely place to work in China but I just felt a little unsettled about it. Next time around I'd ask about this first and I also would like to check out Luscious Labels. Is carmen an mdc mama? I've only heard wonderful things.
That does not necessarily mean that they were made in China. People who are Chinese but live in the USA/Canada/anywhere still celebrate Chinese New Year.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Mine came from www.clothinglabels4u.com Lisa was great to work with and super fast in getting me a proof to view and approve and 2 weeks from ordering they were in my hand. They have finished edges on all sides so they do not require any folding down or anything.

I got 1000 labels and 2000 size tags for around $300 and I had 4-5 colors on mine.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I just got mine from Pittsfield Weaving Co., Inc. They're locally made here in NH -- super fast turnaround time, free sample before they run it, etc. They have some very basic labels, and then some much fancier ones -- I got the comfortsoftwear since they'll be by baby's skin (patented; Carters uses them, for example). Their minimum is I believe either $400 or $450 or 1000 labels; I found their rates competitive and their customer service was great.

Kristi

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Anyone just use an embroidery machine and do their own or is it too time consuming to set the "tag" on it before final production?

I own and use an embroidery machine with software (along with a couple of other machines). Call me cheap, but just starting out I don't have $300 to shell out for labels. The $$ I do have is going toward supplies.

Is there anywhere out there that does say 50 labels at a time?

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electra375
Anyone just use an embroidery machine and do their own or is it too time consuming to set the "tag" on it before final production?

I own and use an embroidery machine with software (along with a couple of other machines). Call me cheap, but just starting out I don't have $300 to shell out for labels. The $$ I do have is going toward supplies.

Is there anywhere out there that does say 50 labels at a time?
No, the setup is too much. They actually have to program in your design by hand. And I don't know but I think there may be some "waste" at the beginning of the run. (Like, if you run print out on newsprint it takes the first 1000+ or so copies to get the inks all going and right.)

However if you have a programmable embroidery machine, I don't see any reason you couldn't do some yourself. I would make up a whole bunch on a sheet of fabric, then cut them out and melt the edges w/ a lighter. It's worth a shot. If I had an embroidery machine I'd be all over that.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Actually there are places that do only a few labels at a time, usually a bit more expensive but geared toward home sewers. One choice is "Name labels" intended for sewing into the clothing of people who mihgt lose track (like nursing home patients) and the others are like "Custom creation of ..." labels. I looked into them but decided to skip over and go the whole shebang. Here's one example: http://www.namemaker.com/ -- there are lots of other. Printed labels are of course far less expensive.

Kristi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts