Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,660 Posts
Looks like my family is the last of the great American jeans makers - nothing overseas yet, though my aunt & uncle have been scouting. Buy Key Apparel! You know those lovely overalls with the diagonal green stipe on the front pocket.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Paris, that's great! Glad you're still "American made" and I hope it can stay that way. The news was reporting that all major apparel makers are foreign now.

I bought jeans for my boys yesterday, made in Mauritias. Hopefully, not by slave or cheap labor. I wish we had some sort of guarantee that nothinghits the racks unless it is certified made in humane working conditions with a fair wage.

·
Banned
3,660 Posts
My grandpa was working in Jamaica back in the 50's. I don't recall why he stopped that. I'll have to make sure that my aunt & uncle didn't decide on any factories overseas. As far as I know, Key Jeans are still made in the US. I believe they have kids' jeans.

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
Where is Key Apparel sold?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
A number of years ago I read a book called "Pioneer Jews" it was very interesting and it told the story of Levi Strauss. A real success story. I'm envious of his decendants. It was a good company to inherit.

Does anyone know about Wrangler? Are they made in the US. I know when I lived for short time in Nashville I was told no one wore Levi's in the south..just wrangler. It was lost on me. I always liked levis's more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.