Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okey dokey - I need another dozen or so dipes for the babe. I really, really, really want OV. Keeping in mind my budget, some of the WAHMs are just not an option. I have been trying to contact one WAHM that I would love to get some OV dipes from, but am getting no response.

So..... With time running short, I have been scouring for other options - other WAHM dipes, the TP, etc....

I have looked at LHC in the past but never ordered one. Her price for OC side-snapping w/ a print outter is very reasonable.

Anyone have any experience with the LHC Newborn/Small? Do they go the full weight limit? Do they stretch beyond?

Is the resale good? I know I will need to turn these around, so this is important.

Thanks for your help here mamas!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I have a LHC and it fit my DD great! It was the nicest dipe I ordered! And she is fast- I would say go for LHC if you can! Well worth it and they do sell well!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
okay one more thing! I have had many www.sugarplumbaby.com dipes and I LOVE THEM their newborns are only like $11.00 I personaly would get smalls because I just hate putting money into dipes that the baby will grow out of in a month... But she has great dipes!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I bought one AIO and one fitted for the baby due in Dec. Compared to the other nb diapers, it looks long in the rise and they aren't really "trim".. they are squishy soft and LOVELY. But I don't see them fitting a new newborn. I'd say her sizing is pretty accurate.. I'd say they would start to fit somewhere in the range of 8-10lbs... I don't KNOW that.. it's just a rise thing. If the rise were lower, I'd say they would start to fit lower. I think they will be really a great diaper for that in between stage when nb fitteds are starting to get pretty snug and the mediums you have lined up (you know.. the 10-20 range) really are still too big overall. They are VERY well made and the price is very low. The fitted I got has a sewn in saoker that seems like it will be plenty for most times and comes with a doubler for heavy wetters or naps.

I really dont think you could go wrong buying these, but just don't expect them to be itty bitty teeny tiny nb diapers. If I ever find a free minute to take pictures, I'd be glad to take a comparison picture next to a couple other nb diapers for ya.

Amber

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tippytoes26
I bought one AIO and one fitted for the baby due in Dec. Compared to the other nb diapers, it looks long in the rise and they aren't really "trim".. they are squishy soft and LOVELY. But I don't see them fitting a new newborn. I'd say her sizing is pretty accurate.. I'd say they would start to fit somewhere in the range of 8-10lbs... I don't KNOW that.. it's just a rise thing. If the rise were lower, I'd say they would start to fit lower. I think they will be really a great diaper for that in between stage when nb fitteds are starting to get pretty snug and the mediums you have lined up (you know.. the 10-20 range) really are still too big overall. They are VERY well made and the price is very low. The fitted I got has a sewn in saoker that seems like it will be plenty for most times and comes with a doubler for heavy wetters or naps.

I really dont think you could go wrong buying these, but just don't expect them to be itty bitty teeny tiny nb diapers. If I ever find a free minute to take pictures, I'd be glad to take a comparison picture next to a couple other nb diapers for ya.

Amber
Really?? My ds has an avg rise and sometimes I didn't think it was long enough. The smalls are true smalls. DS wore them right after he was born and was 8lbs and outgrew them by 14ish lbs. He outgrew the rise 1st.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I guess I just wanted the OP to know that they aren't a nb diper. My baby was 5lbs and she would swim in these. I tried putting a cover over them on a doll, and the small bummis I have barely fit over it and the nb cover wouldn't even begin to cover it. I guess it's a matter of how big your newborn is. Kissaluvs, while big on her, did fit my newborn. But then, the LHC site doesn't claim it's a nb diaper or that it will fit a 5lb baby. I just wanted the OP to know that they aren't tiny nb dipaers.. they are a size small. I think they are awsome diapers, but if I bought them thinking they would fit a nb and had a 5-6lb baby, I'd be disappointed when they woudln't fit right away and I ended up with not enough diapers in the beginning. I think her sizing is accurate but I also know a LOT of newborns are very very tiny and these would not work for a small newborn.

Amber

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Quote:

I guess I just wanted the OP to know that they aren't a nb diper. My baby was 5lbs and she would swim in these. I tried putting a cover over them on a doll, and the small bummis I have barely fit over it and the nb cover wouldn't even begin to cover it. I guess it's a matter of how big your newborn is. Kissaluvs, while big on her, did fit my newborn. But then, the LHC site doesn't claim it's a nb diaper or that it will fit a 5lb baby. I just wanted the OP to know that they aren't tiny nb dipaers.. they are a size small. I think they are awsome diapers, but if I bought them thinking they would fit a nb and had a 5-6lb baby, I'd be disappointed when they woudln't fit right away and I ended up with not enough diapers in the beginning. I think her sizing is accurate but I also know a LOT of newborns are very very tiny and these would not work for a small newborn.

Amber

Very true!

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Agreed. I often think there should be 2 different newborn sizes. I was so glad I didn't buy more "newborn" stuff because while the kissaluv 0s fit, no other newborns did. (we had a LC 0, nanipoos nb- forget it. Saw a FLAM HA! no way) Savannah was 21" and 8lbs 12oz.

-Angela

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I've only tried AIOs, but as soon as I save up some paypal, I'm going to get some OC fitteds. I think I got Lauren's first LHC when she was around 9 lbs. There would have been no way ever she could have worn a small when she was born. She was 6 lb 13 oz, so small but not tiny. According to the weight, it says is should fit until 13 lbs. Lauren is around 12.5 lbs and is still on the tightest snaps. I have long thin babies though. My ds weighs 30 lbs and can still wear a medium.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Okay, took some pictures.

The wipe beside the doll is exactly 8x8 inches just to give you an idea of how small this doll is. It is so NOT the size of a nb
but it's all I had handy at the moment.

The ivory nb diaper is made by me and runs a little smaller than a kissaluvs (which I think most nb diapers do run a tad smaller overall)
The lavender diaper is a kissaluv 0
The koala diaper is the LHC size small 8-13lbs

If LHC has an actual NB diaper now, it's not up on her website that I can find.

Without actually having used it on a baby, it looks to me like it is comparable to the higher rise of other nb diapers, just not the lower rise. If you have a baby under 6lbs, you know that smaller rise gets used quite a while. If you have a baby over 6lbs, you may find you never needed it to begin with after the cord fell off.

Anyway... just in case pictures will help

compare w/ nb diaper open w.doubler
nb diaper on doll
kissaluv diaper on doll (unwashed kissaluv.. so it hasn't shrunk yet)
LHC small on doll (side aplix with doubler)

Isn't the LHC cute? I really like the stucture there is to it.. it's SO well put together. Even if you don't get any of the smalls, you really should get some mediums (since they wear those longer).. you cannot go wrong with these diapers.

amber

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks so much to all of you mamas for the info (
and for the pics too!!!!)!

We went to the dr today and the babe seems to be ahead in weight at 35 weeks 1 day he is 6 lbs 5 oz! They are supposed to take him 3 weeks from today, so he will certainly be bigger than DS who was born within the 35th week and was 6 lbs 10 oz.

I believe these might work well for us, especially if they can have the cord snap-down. I have emailed the WAHM and look forward to hopefully working with her.

If we end up with some of these lovley dipes, I will be sure to post pics for all to see

Thanks again for all of the wonderful input mamas!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Okay, I know this thread is getting long, but, I just heard from Becky that she is doing nb diapers and she sent me some pictures. these are SO cute! This baby is 6.5lbs.

pic 1

pic 2

amber

I was just about to come and post these. She sent me three of the most adorable NB dipe pics!

She has been so very helpful!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts