Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nak right noe & I did not delve too deeply into this but saw it posted on a chelating group & thought of you. You may be aware of this already but in my naivte, had to post it.

Quote:
Input Requested Regarding New Vaccine Safety Research Program
As a member of the House Labor/HHS Appropriations Subcommittee, Rep. Dave Weldon
included $1.5 million in the FY 2006 Labor/HHS Appropriations bill, for CDC to
establish and fund a vaccine safety research program to fund extramural vaccines
safety research. The House FY 2007 Labor/HHS Appropriations bill includes $5
million for this program. The CDC recently published in the Federal Register a
"Request for Information" at the following link and is seeking input on how best
to establish this program and what research to prioritize.

http://www.fbo.gov/spg/HHS/CDCP/PGOA...6/listing.htm\
l

It is critically important that you and/or your organization provide
comments/input to the CDC by no later than August 17. Absent this input, the
CDC is likely to create a program that fails to give full consideration to the
issues of vaccine safety that are important to you and that you believe should
be fully answered.

Comments submitted by the August 17 date will be used by the CDC to structure
this extramural grant program and set research priorities. This is your
opportunity to help shape the program. The instructions on how to submit
comments are also provided at the above address.

Rep. Weldon included this funding and established this program in the hopes that
a program would be created to fund some of the research initiatives and
researchers who have been unable to secure funding to conduct objective research
on critical vaccine safety questions that have as of yet gone unfunded and
unanswered.

I, along with Michelle Kirtley, PhD, in Rep. Weldon's office are available to
answer any questions that you might have in this regard. Call either of us at
202-225-3671.

Below is the RFI from the CDC for which they are seeking comment.

It is important that you forward this to others whom you feel would provide
valuable input to the CDC, particularly organizations and researchers.

Thank you for your consideration of this request and for submitting input to the
CDC.

Stuart Burns
Deputy Chief of Staff
Rep. Dave Weldon, MD (FL-15)
202-225-3671

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
The url doesn't come up for me...

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
http://www.fbo.gov/spg/HHS/CDCP/PGOA.../Synopsis.html

Quote:
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Office of the Director, Office of the Chief Science Officer, Immunization Safety Office (ISO) is soliciting input from qualified scientists to identify the resources, parameters and elements of research protocols designed to identify potential associations between specific human immune response gene polymorphisms and the quality of response to vaccination (i.e. hypo- or hyper-response) or the development of particular adverse events following immunization.

The Human Genome Project has provided an unprecedented opportunity to define the genetic and environmental contributions to health and disease. The scientific progress from this project offers the opportunity to better understand the immunogenetic response to vaccination. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention supports research related to the basic understanding of how human genetic variation may impact the immunologic response to vaccines and how this individual human genetic variation may affect both the quality of the immune response as well as potential risks for adverse events that may occur following immunization. The focus of this research program will be to investigate the immunogenetics involved with specific serious adverse events following routine vaccinations or the immunogenetics involved with the failure to mount a normal immune response (i.e. hypo- or hyper-response to vaccination). Identifying individual genetic predisposition that strongly affect the risk for the development of a specific adverse event may allow for the eventual development of evidence-based guidelines for the screening and identification of susceptible children, adolescents and adults who are at risk for vaccine adverse events or vaccine failure. This information might also be helpful for future vaccine development efforts aimed towards allowing people to be protected against the serious diseases that vaccines are intended to prevent.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
There is ONLY ONE WAY to resolve the issue, and that is to do a long term study looking at totally non-vaccinated children and fully vaccinated children, and watch how each individual human's immune systema and genes vary according to their lifestyles.... What it would mean was studying ALL the environmental impacts INCLUDING breastfeeding vs bottlefeeding; SAD diet versus organic traditional versus vegan etc..; ecological friendly housing and natural cleaning products versus plastic, foam and store bought household chemicals..

You know what I mean.

I would still expect to see genetic change in the unvaccinated where there is no effort to prevent exposure to toxins, but I would expect to see far more dangerous changes in the immune system and genes in the vaccinated children living a SAD toxin ridden life than in vaccinated children breastfed, organic etc... and I'd expect to see more immunological and gene change in unvaccinated children living in a SAD chemically awash world than in unvaccinated children living "free-range" without chemicals.

That to me, is the way to answer the question.

But see, I'm not suitably qualified.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts