Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dog has been licking an ac return grate (not in service anymore). he does this every morning for 10 minutes or so.....well he would for 10 minutes but i make him stop--and it takes about 10 minutes of going back and forth about it before he loses interest for the day.

is there something nutritional he's missing that makes him want to lick metal? or does it just feel good? he eats evo, which i thought was supposed to be this holistic, complete dog food? TIA!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Maybe he's bored? Has energy to burn?? Dogs sometimes fixate on things like that if they need longer walks and more playtime. Not sure about it possibly being a nutritional thing?

We have a large, round chip/hole in one of our tiles in our kitchen (about the size of a penny). Occasionally one of the dogs will decide that there must be something yummy in that little hole!! It is kind of hysterical to watch them lick it and try to bite at it...I assume it's because the thing collects crumbs and dirt. Ew.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
Maybe he's bored? Has energy to burn?? Dogs sometimes fixate on things like that if they need longer walks and more playtime. Not sure about it possibly being a nutritional thing?

We have a large, round chip/hole in one of our tiles in our kitchen (about the size of a penny). Occasionally one of the dogs will decide that there must be something yummy in that little hole!! It is kind of hysterical to watch them lick it and try to bite at it...I assume it's because the thing collects crumbs and dirt. Ew.

you're so right on, i can't believe i didn't think of it myself. this dog has a ton of energy and since having the baby the poor guy doesn't get out for his runs like he's used to. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.