Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to kill or atleast mame their husbands/partners?

I am almost at the end of my rope with him, and I am THIS close to either smothering him with a pillow while he snores or just let all his work clothes stay dirty, and then maybe send them over to his mothers, who has NO sympathy for me because his father did the same thing to her 25 years ago.

SERIOUSLY???? Why on earth do some men want to even have children? Do they think they will just stick around for the fun stuff and leave the other 95.6 % to us?!?!?!?!?!

My favorite, is when he says he WATCHED one of our children while I did something with the other. Like this morning, DS2 had a fever after a few days of a snotty head. So I just KNEW he had an ear infection. Not to mention i was up with him ALL NIGHT for three nights straight now. (Which is nothing new, because DS2 is a crappy sleeper) So after trying to wake him up 4 times, he FINALLY got up at 815, I called the office at 835, got an appt for 940, got in the shower, got ds2 ready (mind you I had been up with DS2 since 5am, and DS1 woke up at 6, made him breakfast, nursed the little one as much as I could, since he cant breathe well through his nose) So we go to the doc, we are there FORVER becuase we had to drain his ears due to wax, I finally got home at 1115ish after dropping off the script, and hes trying his best tto get out the door to go help out a buddy. WHAT ABOUT HELPING YOUR WIFE???? his words? "I just watched DS1 all morning" WHAT?!?!?!? You WATCHED HIM? How about you were the kids FATHER!?!?!?!?

I dont want advice, as i know there isnt any for me, i just chose a crappy husband. Just wondering if Im alone, or if there are other mamas out there that want to join in my pitty party? i look at some of the siggy's about being soooooo inlove, and am green with envy.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah, sometimes they just DON'T get it! So frustrating!
I have to say though, now that my older two are 6.5 and almost 4, he gets it a LOT better. Like he could tell I had had enough this afternoon after DD was screaming in the store due to pooping her pants, and I was the lucky one to change her and listen to her scream in the store bathroom. So now he took DS out shopping with him while I am home chilling with DD who is now playing quietly. And you have it extra tough, because yours are BOTH still babies! I hope he is able to get a clue soon!

·
Registered
182 Posts
This may not be interpreted as helpful...but when I have these thoughts I just think about single moms. I mean even a little help from a husband is more than they get.
But maybe they don't have the expectations that you have...given that you have a husband who "should" be pulling his share. Don't know...just a thought...

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
This sounds like my life about 13 years ago. We ended up separating when the kids were about 1 and 2.5.

·
Registered
770 Posts
i'm totally there with you. my favorite line is that dh keeps telling me to take time for myself, to do things i like to do. yet he never gives me that time. for example, weekends he'll make plans with his friends, evenings he's got meetings, etc. the couple of times that i have managed to get something arranged for an evening (when all of my friends are home from work or kiddos are in bed), i still have to take dd2 with me because he doesn't want to have to deal with both girls at bedtime but he's quite willing to leave me with both of them for sleep time at least twice a week. he does help once in while by taking both girls to the park for an hour or two but that's about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts