Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: I know that women do this all the time and I hate the fact that I'm flailing, but I am. My babe is 1M and he's just fine, but the adjustment for my high energy 2YO is overwhelming.

I need help on what my 2YO's needs are right now. What kind of activities do you all do with babe in tow and toddler? I know it's will get better, but suggestions are welcome. I'm kind of afraid to be honest. He's melting down in stores, it's hard for me to go to parks because I can't always be right there with him on the equipment and he is a daredevil. I do have a sling which I love, but it even has his limitations, like catching a toddler falling from a jungle gym.

Gotta go, he hates it when I'm on the computer.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Haven't been there yet, but we're thinking of ttc this fall/winter and I am nervous. My 16 m.o. is also a very energetic daredevil. I was talking to a mama with the same spacing as you and she hired a mom's helper a few mornings a week for the first few months and said it was an amazing help. She was still with her first ds, but the helper would help them all go and do things, or just play with her 2 y.o. at home with mama relaxing with the new baby. If this is possible for you, that is one idea. I'll look forward to others' suggestions!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Right there with you.
: I'm hiring a babysitter/helper this week for the rest of the summer and DS#1 is doing a nursery program in the fall 2 mornings a week. DS#2 was pretty much along for the ride for the first two months, but now his needs are more complex too. Find help if you can, even if it is only a few hours a week. Just knowing that help is out there and coming over to my house soon has made a world of difference for my sanity.

Oh -- and try Motherwort. Helps with the crazy hormones.

Hang in there, it does get easier. And know that some of the compromises that you choose to make now don't have to become permanent -- in our case, the tv is on more than I would like, and we stay home more than I would like, but it won't always be like this.

Heidi

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is a tough phase. Right now dd is nearly 3, and ds is 3 months. Transitions are really hard for dd, so we usually just stay in so we can stick to a routine. We do fun stuff on weekends with dh. Hang in there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts