Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am 15 weeks along and already drippy. i hate wearing bras all day, but i am not liking the dripping much either. the lilypadz look like a good solution since you don't need a bra to wear them. anyone have any input on them? they are a little pricey to get with no recommendation, ya know? is there any other solution that would be simple?<br><br>
aja

·
Registered
71 Posts
They sound great and I do know of people who love them, but they just didn't work out for me. I bought them when DS was really young and only used them maybe 2 or 3 times. I nurse him everywhere and it's just too awkward to use Lilypadz when I'm in public. With Lilypadz you have to press them back on your breast once the baby's done (they work by keeping pressure on the nipples) instead of just putting the nursing pads back in your bra. Also sometimes the pad on the side that my son wasn't nursing on would come off during a letdown, which would make a big mess because Lilypadz aren't absorbent- they're silicone. Oh and we have a cat and they kept attracting cat fur! Yuck.<br><br>
If, however, you wish to go swimming, they might be good. Or like you say if you want to use Lilypadz during pregnancy so you don't have to wear a bra, that may work. In my experience though they just weren't worth the money.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! that was great feedback!<br><br>
aja

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
hey!<br><br>
There is a store in Frisco that carries the Lilypadz if you want to check them out in person. When I was in there the store owner raved about them. Ask me on IM if you want the address.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts