Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That someone will snatch your stash? Or am I just paranoid (wait - don't answer that...LOL)? We have a fairly big yard, but we don't have a back yard per se - so I hang them in the side yard for all the world to see. You never know what people will steal (our recycling bin for one!).

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I'm more afraid of a dog coming along or something. I would much rather imagine someone taking a dipe off the line than seeing a dog rip it to shreds. There is this little rat looking dog that lives down my street. The people dont take it out on a leash. It runs around in the backyards while the neighbors scream it's name. I swear they do it everytime. It's like, "quit pretending that you give a #%!$ that your dog is crapping in my yard". anyways, point of that story is I try to always hang 'em high - the dipes that is.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Ack, that would not be nice. Thankfully we have a backyard. I don't have a clothesline though. I've got a modified setup with my diapers on hangers on a bungee cord that is hooked to my patio swing. :LOL So my fear is that the wind is going to come along and blow my inserts away!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I did at first, and then I realized most of the people in my neighbourhood would have NO idea about anything beyond Huggies.

~Daednu

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
:LOL Considering the only ones I hang out are poopy, no, I am not worried about anyone stealing them. I am more worried about my neighbors seeing my poop stained dipes!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lol nope luckily my dipes hang way up high on our line off our deck.. the only way to steal them would be to climb up on our deck stairs, over the baby gate and the down to the end of the deck.. I would totally get a kick out of someone trying! Plus I doubt anyone in my neighborhood even knows what they are..lolol

Crystal

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
No...but I do have a fear that someone will snatch my diaper bag. It's a plain Gap black backpack. Maybe they would think that there was something of value in there (other than diapers) and snatch it on a day when my FCB and Kiwi Pie were in there!

Ok! :LOL I'm paranoid too!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
The only thing I worry about are bugs. More than once I've had a tiny spider or other creepy-crawly hitch a ride on my dipes. I'm now very careful to SHAKE THEM as I take them off the line!

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaiBee
That someone will snatch your stash? Or am I just paranoid (wait - don't answer that...LOL)? We have a fairly big yard, but we don't have a back yard per se - so I hang them in the side yard for all the world to see. You never know what people will steal (our recycling bin for one!).

Yes, and I don't know why I'm paranoid! Our clothesline is in the backyard, and pretty much only our neighbors can see it. Unless you're staring into our backyard as you're diving by. I take solace in the fact that my neighbors don't have kids that are in diapers (or kids at all), and that I doubt they'd use cloth.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
No, but once a long time ago, a bird or something pooped on of my older kids pf's. EW!!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalmommy
:LOL Considering the only ones I hang out are poopy, no, I am not worried about anyone stealing them. I am more worried about my neighbors seeing my poop stained dipes!
That's mine too! :LOL I lay them out on my back porch to sun the stains out.
I have to move them out of reach from my little Jack Russell Terrier.
: She's on a rope that reaches my back door, so we can let her in when she's done doing her biz.
I'm always afraid she's going to use one as a chew toy!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
:LOL
I have never worried about my diapers......I am the only one for miles that uses cloth....I have however worried about someone snatching all the marvelous Hanna, Gymbo, & Janie & Jack off the line!!! Honestly, the thought has crossed my mind more than once!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Our backyard is very private but I don't hang anything for fear of the many distructive squirrels that terrorize anything and everything! Even if I think it's squirrelproofed those wily critters figure out a way to get at it. I know my diaper fluff would just be their dream nesting fluff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts