Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently I've been taking advantage of our never ending daylight and have been line drying my diapers.

My question is..... how do you guys get the crunchiness out of them? The prefolds and doublers are the worst! I throw them on the fluff cycle when I bring them in, but they still feel pretty stiff.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I put them in my dryer for 30 minutes BEFORE going outside and they come in as soft as if they were in the dryer the entire time.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm with you, Lish; poor little guy just gets the crunchy dipe off the line. If it actually stops raining long enough to get a load of pfs on the line I just can't make myself haul them into the basement to "fluff" them for him
:

I admit that if I have some fluffy dryer ones I'll save those for direct contact while saving the crunchy ones to stuff my pockets.

I also figure my towels are an inexpensive exfoliating product for me all summer

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I've tried tossing them in the dryer both before and after hanging them out and I think putting them in after softens them up the most.

I do this with all the stuff I hang out that gets stiff. I figure a load of clothes takes about an hour to dry (more for diapers) if I use the dryer for all the drying. If I use the clothes line, each load only spends 15-20 minutes in the dryer. It's still saving electricity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.