Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question. Has anyone ever noticed their linea negra sticking around for awhile after birth... like 7 months after?

I recently noticed a faint but very definite vertical line on my abdomen, and I can't remember if it has been around since ds was born or if it's new. It's not something I was paying attention to. I don't think the line started really early in my pg with ds3, so I'm thinking this one is just sticking around rather than a "new" one.

So, tell me about your linea negras that stuck around... no reason for me to get paranoid, right?

RIGHT???!!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Mine's still here almost 9 years later.
I only got it with my first pregnancy. It is faded, but it's still there. Badge of motherhood.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yep, my son is almost 14 months and I have mine still. It was never very visible when I was actually pregnant but after I had him it became very visible...its faded somewhat but I can still see it

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
7.5 months here and it's still there. A bit fainter and the part above my belly button is almost gone.

Is yours asymmetrical, too? Mine's in the middle at the bottom of my stomach and then swings over to go through my belly button on one side.

It's not a sign that you're pregnant again.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
For both my daughters the line appeared about a day or two before they were born. They were not symmetrical and hung around for 5-8 months afterwords. It was kind of irritating because I spent most of my pregnancies without them.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Mine's gone now at almost 6 months, but I only went and checked b/c of this thread. It was definitely there for at least a couple months and actually darker than during my pg.

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
Mine lingers too...sort of like freckles though it will respond to fade cream. I found that out a few years after my last daughter was born. I was using it for pigment on my face and put some on my tummy line and it did disappear!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.