Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I showed my belly to my mom yesterday, and she said I had it. I don't think so. I think it is a stretch mark! it isn't straight, and I thought it was supposed to be straight. She said it isn't supposed to be straight?? Help me out????

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Linea ***** is generally a straight line, going from the bellybutton down to the pubic bone. I actually got one when I went through puberty. However, I don't have one now. Is it too late to get one, or do they generally come later?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've got mine... I first noticed it at about 28 weeks. I've also had a HUGE increase in belly fuzz, especially around my belly button! (my linea negra isn't perfectly straight, btw, ozzyemm... it takes a couple of curves esp. up high!)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I've had one since before I had kids. I am, uh, "naturally tan" however, so it might have something to do with my pigmentation
When I'm pregnant, it gets darker. It runs from my belly button to my pubic bone and up from my belly button too. I have one now, not that I can see my own belly to know though LOL

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (7), Butterfly (2), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think I've got mine. I have to catch it in the right light, but I can kind of see it. Mine's pretty straight. I have noticed among my other pregnant friends that it's most obvious on the ones with darkest skin tones and I'm very pale. I do, however, also have lots more belly hair! I don't know why my belly feels the need to grow it's own fur coat when I'm hot all the time as it is. Just one more reason why a bikini is out of the question right now!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I, too have had a line since before I was pregnant. it is up high. It hasn't gotten darker AT ALL. I am convinced the line below my belly button is just a well placed stretch mark.

My mom is comparing this pregnancy to all 6 of hers.
She never got a LN, and her belly button never popped out, so she has been asking me to find out what my body is doing! She also never felt her babies move until past 20 weeks (she was 7 months pregnant with me before she knew she was pregnant!) because she had a weight loss surgery and she says digesting food for her feels like a baby moving. Pretty creepy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.