Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across someone on Etsy who makes linen ring slings and thought "brilliant!" with regard to the material, but I'm not really big on buying carriers that I haven't read copiously reviewed and/or haven't seen in person, and I've never had a ring sling to know if I or my daughter would even like the style to begin with.

So ... does anyone know other sling makers who use linen? Or, does anyone know anything about Lil Peeper Keepers slings? I'd be willing to try out the ring sling if I knew they were well made in advance, but I don't want to try out a style for the first time with something that I don't even really know what I'm looking at for quality, kwim?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I haven't gotten to use it yet (5 weeks or so to go!), but I got a Lil Peepers linen wrap for this summer. Once I saw the pictures on her Etsy site, I couldn't help buying it... soooooooo pretty.

So far all I've done is wash it once (okay, I did try tying it on a couple of times, but it seems like it's sort of pointless to practice with a wrap while there's still the ginormous belly in the way...)

... in any case, the wrap itself is ABSOLUTELY beautiful, lovely fabric, beautifully made, came out of the washing machine just as pretty... the texture changed a bit with washing, slightly higher friction (sizing washed out, maybe?), which seems like a good thing for helping it stay tied -- it was what I was hoping would happen when I washed it.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it took me all of about an hour to give in and just order one anyway, despite what I said above.
I found her through the fact that we buy our fabric from the same seller, so I know in advance the material is very nice. I suppose if I just don't like the style I can always give it or trade it to someone who does.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Taylormade slings has a linen line - I carry her pool slings and silk ones (not linen though) and they're excellent. I don't know if they sell directly retail in the US, but if not, they can probably direct you to someone nearby who does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.