Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Ok, I we need some help.  Our wild and wonderful 5-yr old daughter, after sleeping in her own bed (most of the time) for YEARS, is now, pretty much every night coming into our bed bc she's 'scared'.  Scared of shadows, doorknobs ('it has eyes'), her curtains...you name it. Here's what we've done so far:</p>
<p>We had to take all pictures/drawings etc off of the walls...they were all too scary.</p>
<p>We have to leave the bright hall light on all night.</p>
<p>Daddy has to promise to sleep on the couch so that 'if monsters come into the house he's there to fight them'.</p>
<p>We made a big deal out of switching her bedroom to another bedroom.  That worked for a night or two...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let me say that she has not been exposed to anything scary media-wise, book-wise or story-wise.  We are a Waldorf family and goodness knows family bed is magical...to a point....and you know what?  If she wasn't such a tossing, turning, sleep-talking little creature, we'd probably just embrace family bed and be done with it. But the fact is we ALL sleep better when she's in her own bed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know that at this age her imagination is exploding and that this is pretty normal.  Anyone have any ideas to coax a little one back into her room in a loving way?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for any suggestions!</p>

·
Registered
159 Posts
<p>i cant remember what is was...but i know someone sprayed anti-monster spray in their room before bed...it was a lavender linen spray that helped her sleep better.  afterall, monsters dont want to smell like flowers!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts