Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been feeling movement regularly, and a couple of days ago hubby and son also got to feel little kicks. This morning I was lying in bed and felt a jerking motion. A few seconds later, another, then another at very regular intervals. I realized that he had the hiccups! It was so much fun :) he also kicks at pretty much every meal I eat.

How are things going for you guys with the baby movements?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My little guy flips constantly. It hurts my pelvic area so badly when he goes head down. And I can feel his punches and kicks very clearly. After not being able to feel my daughter much due to placenta position last year, this is a welcomed change.

I could, on the other hand, feel her hiccups. She had them all the time. And for the last month and a half, she had her feet stuck in my ribs and broke two, then broke another during delivery.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine is getting more active each week. I feel lots of kicks, though almost always at night. I think she's awake from 9 pm - 6 am every night. Jabs, kicks, weird taps. Of course every time I have DH or DD put their hand on my belly she stops, so they haven't felt it yet. SOon they will catch it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My little guy flips constantly. It hurts my pelvic area so badly when he goes head down. And I can feel his punches and kicks very clearly. After not being able to feel my daughter much due to placenta position last year, this is a welcomed change.

I could, on the other hand, feel her hiccups. She had them all the time. And for the last month and a half, she had her feet stuck in my ribs and broke two, then broke another during delivery.
Broken ribs! Yikes!

·
Registered
862 Posts

Oh my goodness, can't believe she broke your ribs.

My little girl is super active. DH and DD have been able to feel it. And the other day DD fell asleep with her head on my stomach and her little sister just kept kicking her in the head. A sign of things to come, I suppose.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been feeling movement pretty often now. At first I was in denial and just calling it 'bubbles.' I don't think I've felt any flips yet. At my ultrasound she was laying with her back to my back and it seems that she stays that way cause I always feel kicks and punches right in the middle. No hiccups yet. that will be interesting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have finally been feeling this one! It took until 20 weeks to feel something very rarely but then at 21 weeks it took off. Maybe it just got big enough? Anyway, this one is way more active than my first. Lots of kicking at random times during the day. My first was more of a pusher. He would push out a foot and hold it there in place for awhile. Like he liked to stretch out more than kick.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It was so neat to feel this girl moving around during the u/s. I knew I could feel her before that, but it confirmed it in a very visceral way. She is so active, and it makes me feel so connected to her. My daughter and husband can feel her now as well, which is really neat. And my 3yo always falls asleep cuddling me, with her finger in my belly button (a holdover from her nursing, my belly button is her comfort object) and the baby will kind of roll up towards her hand. It is so neat that in a way, they're already interacting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts