Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this system for nightime? For those of you that have used Red Raps, do they run true to size as the weights indicate. Should I size up for nightime. Can I stuff a little "extra" into the Little Beetle size 2? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
FWIW, I used a little beetle and its probably the most absorbant hemp fitted I've tried, and my son is a heavy wetter. I didn't get the extra "booster" and I just laid a fleece/hemp jersey insert over the top and it worked a good long time. I never tried it over night, but we did use it for a naptime and it worked great. I didn't keep it cause the rise was weird on my son, but had it fit him better I think it would have been a good base for a nighttime system.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
That's what we use at night. I used sposies at night until trying a Firefly Sleeptight. That worked great, but the rise is high on ds and the medium was tight around the middle. I still use it, but I prefer the Little Beetle. It's rise is lower, which works better for ds as he's built like a Russian...very stout with a pot belly and a very low rise. It is super absorbant. The combination of hemp makes it very effective. I did get the Beetle Booster and I usually us it, but he really does not need it. He sleeps 12 hours at night. Tonight I put a wool double in it instead. I got the kind that snappies and I really like it. There is lots of room for ds to grow in, the wings almost touch each other with the snappi on (he's about 20lbs with chunky thighs). You can now get them with snaps, I might try one of those.

Go for it. She has an introductary cupon and even without the cupon they are very reasonably priced for such a great night time diaper.

·
Registered
745 Posts
...with great success! LB's are really stretchy, so you can stuff them w/more than even the boosters she sells...or a bunch of those. they are sewn in a way that it makes it easy to tuck a doubler in and it doesn't come out, but no snaps are needed. i used size 1's for DD at night up until about 15lbs and now size 2's fit better w/all the stuffing (she's 17lbs now, but size 1's still fit unstuffed, w/lots of room to grow). and red wraps are our standard night wrap! i LOVE them...we still use size 1's and they fit over everything. we also have a size 2 waiting in the wings but size 1 still fits DD...i don't know how big your babe is. nor can i recall the size range but IMO, they are THE best night wrap, especially in fleece. i think using velcro really helps w/adjusting over bulky dipes.

HTH!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I also wanted to add that with the Beetle you stuff a double under the sewn in soaker. You can also fold the soaker depending on the wet zone. I put a wool double under the soaker and a silk liner on top. I have also put a fleece lined doubler on top, but found it really does not need the extra bulk. I use our Celtic Wool Creations cover and they are awsome for nights with the Beetle under it.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I originally used Tot Bots with the Red Raps at night. I definitely packed our diaper. I would get some wicking with the same size Red Rap. I eventually started using wool over it and it worked out great. So if you don't want to use wool, or if you want to use cotton pajamas, I would size up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.