Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 wk old sometimes has little teeny spots/strings of red blood in his poopy dipes. My older son had this too as a newborn and his pedi said its probably a fissure near the anus. However I read that it can be from overactive letdown as well. I notice he'll have a couple diapers with the blood spots (SUPER small amt) and then a couple days without. I only remember my older son having red blood 1 or 2x and my newborn has had it a number of times. His behavior, eating habits are normal and he is very content and happy. So, I really don't think anything is wrong, but curious if other moms notice this sometimes. Is it something that usually only happens as a newborn when they are pooping a lot? My newborn poops almost every nursing session.

·
Registered
335 Posts
A reaction to cow milk protein and/or soy. The blood in the poop is how my son was diagnosed with that allergy. Cut those out, give it a couple weeks, and it should be fine. Babies all react differently to an achy belly. Mine didn't fuss much either, but had it nonetheless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts