Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im going to state first that even though my /our dr. is a great dr. and holistic too, I just think that a bunch of natural mamas know best! so her'es the question: My dd ( 2) wears a diaper at night and i help her wipe when she goes during the day. we use mainly tp and sometimes i use a mild essential oil spray that i put on the wipe. she bathes about 3-4x a week and we do not use soapy or perfumy bubbles. so, her labia is reddish and sometimes has a funny smell. i dont think it could be yeast but then again this is possible. she eats yogurt every day. what else can i do? use a certain powder to keep it from being so moist? any help greatly appreciated.<br>
Laura

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Whit and celestial! -a lot of good questions and suggestions.<br>
- first, what do you mean STRIP the diaper? we use a natural, unbleached disposable diaper and it's only at night. although, sometimes i think since the "rash" is red only with no bumps maybe it's a problem with the moisture trapping in the area and certainly wearing a diaper at night wouldnt help.<br>
- second, there is no discharge just a fishy smell.<br>
- third, i started using the essential oil spray that is made with lavender and chammomile only after her symptoms showed. i just spray it on a wet paper towel.<br>
okay, i looked everywhere for a natural powder w/no luck and then today i bought a bifidus supplement for kids. we'll see what that does.<br>
Laura

1 - 3 of 3 Posts