Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if any of you could give me some advice or share your experiences on this.

I had been considering becoming a LLL leader for a while now (my son is 22 mos), and just last week talked to my leaders about it. I also got a call from my WIC director this morning and I am going to be a peer counselor! I am looking forward to it!

I will talk to her about this when I meet with her next week, but I am thinking about doing both. I know the LLL process can take as long as I need it to, but since I will be doing reading/training for WIC anyway, I am thinking that they would fall in line if I did it at the same time.

Is there any reason this wouldn't be a good idea?

What do you think?

· Registered
513 Posts
It seems like it would be doable, especially if your LLL group has other leaders. The application process doesn't take a whole lot of actual time necessarily, it just takes awhile to get through all the discussions with your leader and dialogue with the leader accreditation dept. And I would think some of the reading would overlap (although I don't have any direct experience with the reading/training to be a WIC peer counselor).

Good luck with whatever you decide!

· Registered
693 Posts
I think it's a wonderful opportunity! I'm an LLL leader and the WIC peer counseling job opened in my area recently too. I encourage you to pursue both. If you are up for it, they will complement each other very nicely. best wishes to you!

· Registered
2,365 Posts
Go for it!

I know a mom who finished the Leadership Application process in 4 or 5 months. I did it in 7 months. I know some moms who take a year or two or more...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.