Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) is August 1st - 7th and celebrates the signing of the Innocenti Declaration on the Protection, Promotion and Support of Breastfeeding.

The Innocenti Declaration was produced and adopted in 1990 by participants at the WHO/UNICEF meeting on "Breastfeeding in the 1990s: A Global Initiative." The document lists the benefits of breastfeeding, plus global and governmental goals.

LLL of Madison will celebrate World Breastfeeding Week with a Walk around the Capitol Loop on Saturday, August 6 at 10:00 am, during the Madison Farmer's Market. More information on the Walk will be available at your July LLL meeting and at www.lllofwi.org

We are also selling t-shirts and collecting donations in order to support the great work La Leche League does locally, nationally, and internationally. We have "Supply & Demand" t-shirts available- A plain and simple way to show the world how breastfeeding works! Mom's shirt says "Supply" and nursling's shirt says "Demand." You can order a "Demand" shirt for each nursing child! For Dad, Grandma, older kiddos, etc you can order a t-shirt with the World Breastfeeding Week logo (see logo here: http://www.lllusa.org/lllusa/images/...logo-small.jpg)

You can also collect donations to hand in at the walk- There will be door prizes, too! Need some talking points to help collect donations?

¨$25 allows LLL to help working mothers with pamphlets on pumping and storing human milk.

¨$50 allows LLL to give a membership scholarship and a copy of THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING to a low-income mother.

¨$75 allows LLL to send a Leader to an educational conference to keep current on breastfeeding research.

¨$100 allows LLL to pay for a local phone line for 24 hours/day free breastfeeding support.

¨$300 allows LLL to start a new Group with the basic library books for members and resources for two Leaders.

Email [email protected] to get a copy of the t-shirt order form or for any other World Breastfeeding Week celebration information. Shirt orders must be placed by July 8.

I look forward to seeing you at the Walk!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Leigh--
Would it be possible for us to do shirt orders at Happy Bambino and have out a canister for collecting donations? We'd like to promote the walk in the next newsletter as well, if that is okay with you guys.....

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lea, that would be AWESOME! We were hoping you guys would want to be involved. One of the volunteers that is helping me out, Forrest, should be calling you soon. I'll bring by some order forms on Friday when I'm there for the AP group, and I'll work on a fancy lil' donation canister too! Thank you SO much!

Leigh

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a really simple flyer I made up with the basic look of the shirts- They aren't being printed until we have all the orders in, so unfortunately I don't have an actual photo- But I'll bring along a flyer tomorrow morning.

For anyone who's interested and can't make it to Happy Bambino, the supply and demand shirts will be in a lowercase courier font, sorta like this:

supply

demand

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts