Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
off the table when we are in a restaurant.
He is almost 9mo BTW and doesnt do it at home.

I must burn hundreds of calories in a meal from all of the times I have to pick up something
Sometimes you can see he is doing it on purpose.

Any tips??

I feel like people must think I cant control him, but he needs something to play with & no matter what it is it ends up on the floor.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My almost-10-month-old drops food constantly. I just chalk it up to exploring how her world works--what will happen this time? Where will it land? Will it still be down there when she leans over to look? (she's learning about gravity and object motion and permanence and how her body works trying to drop/throw stuff)

Anyway, what's the seating arrangement like at home vs at a restaurant? Is he in a chair that's harder to drop stuff from? Does he have different stuff to play with at a restaurant (are we talking food? toys? silverware?) or less of your attention? How is he included in mealtimes at home?

·
Registered
452 Posts
No tips, but my eight month old DD does this too- in fact, was doing it last night at the restaurant. I just take it as her being bored, and plus it's fun to watch mama/dada/random waitress pick things up after she drops them. Yes it's sometimes a tidbit annoying when I'm trying to scarf down my meal, but overall it keeps her happy and occupied, and I don't mind the calories burned, either

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I think this is a right of passage as a mother and as a child. Someday they wont be babies anymore and wont do any of these things. And dont worry, if anyone in a resturant is thinking you can't control your child, then they dont have children themselves. ALL.KIDS.DO.THAT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.