Mothering Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Katambra, that was the Yarnery. They're kind of snooty there, too. Do come check out Borealis! There's a knit night on Tuesdays from 6-8. They're on Thomas at Hamline, so four blocks north of University. Less than two blocks from my house. I am so spoiled.

· Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm in Minneapolis, and I've had pretty good luck with customer service at the Yarnery. It probably helps to go when they aren't so busy. I
Depth of Field, though. I've had people ask how projects I bought a year before turned out. There's a store at Xerxes and 50th in SW Mpls called Needlepoint Unlimited that has a wide selection but is always swamped. There's another one in Linden Hills (43rd and Upton, I think) with the world's snootiest woman. They had exactly the yarn I needed a couple times and I got in and out of there as quickly as I possibly could. My MIL likes a place in Hopkins, but I don't know the name.

I didn't realize how lucky we were having so many LYS's nearby!

· Registered
241 Posts
I just went to my LYS for the first time on Saturday! Since I live almost downtown, all of the LYS's are at least 30 minutes from me - out in the suburbs. I chose the one I went to because they have a website and I saw on there that they have Addi Turbos in all sizes and lengths and I was looking for circulars (though I bought bamboo ones instead). Since they have a Sit and Knit the last Saturday of every month, there were a lot of people in there. The lonely round table was filled with about 4 ladies knitting - one obviously for the first time and an elderly lady helping her out. There were some women standing around a table in a corner doing something and several prowling about. They seemed to have a good selection, though I didn't see a ton of 100% wool. Looks like a fun place!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.