Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,914 Posts
Yes, I wish the Globe had seen all seven of us.

A handful of mothers sounds better than a small group.

Everyone- great job!

Jessica

· Registered
4,914 Posts
Yeah Alley! I'd love a dvd/cd- whatever you have!!!

I didn't catch the news, but did hear us on NPR news on my way home from work (with a sleeping Joshua) (This was not the clip on All Thhings Considered, which I listened to after I heard about it, but just a brief mention on the NPR local news).

BTW, I was unable to deliver the letter yesterday. THe guy that had been standing next to us for the last 5 minutes (helping the kiosk customers) ended up being a Delta manager, but when I told him why I was there and that I had a letter to drop off for Delta, he backed away and said that he wasn't allowed to accept anything from passengers/people.

I'm not sure if this is because they are based in Atlanta and the Boston people don't 'do' anything, FAA regs (like maybe the letter could be laced with some lethal substance?) or just a man who heard the word breastfeeding and freaked.

So thats 3 out of 3 Delta employees that seemed to be totally oblivious to the fact that there was a Nurse In scheduled- and only 1 employee that was reasonably helpful (the woman that came over and talked to us, etc.).

I'm busy working, attempting to cook 2 quickbreads, and packing to go today. But I hope to squeeze in a few minutes to send something off cause I think waiting till Monday would be too late.

Yikes.

Oh, as for fighting for legislation... we can tell all our reps what happened and get them working on passing the senate bill before sessions end in January. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about this next year?!

Jessica

· Registered
4,914 Posts
LA Times Article! Featuring Charlie (no pics of Charlie, but nice description!) Oh, wait, there are more photos, but i have to register to see them....

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...ck=1&cset=true

BOSTON - Charlie Yaker's enormous blue eyes rolled back in elation and a blissful, drunken-sailor expression settled on his face. The 6-month-old had just finished breast-feeding Tuesday morning near the Delta Air Lines ticket counter at Logan International Airport, unperturbed by the frenzy of holiday-season travelers.

"We're here to show people how natural and healthy breast-feeding is," said Charlie's mother, 28-year-old Alison Yaker of Braintree, Mass. "And to remind Delta Air Lines of that fact too."

· Registered
4,914 Posts
Yes Danielle came later.

I thought we had 8!!!

Joan, when you have a chance can you email all of us, so we can exchange emails- names??

I was so busy chasing Josh and ordering the press release he dropped on the floor I didn't have much time to chat with everyone.

AND I want to see more photos. Goodness- they were there for 1 HOUR taking photos the whole time, where are theY! LOL!

Jessica

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.