Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Yikes!

And I thought my machines were the only ones that tried to eat laundry... my dryer gets hungry occasionally and nabs things, mostly onesies or bibs with metal snaps left undone. Although today it tried to eat the corner of 2 FBs!!! They are still useable but a bit traumautized. I threatened the dryer with a visit from the repairman if it does not contain its appetite for diapers. It responded with the usual squeaking and clunking, but no more eating for now.

:LOL

Tara

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My machine ripped holes in a couple of things (onesie and jeans.) I finally did a good check and found a hairpin sticking out of one of the holes. Then several weeks later I found ANOTHER one. I guess things occasionally got caught on them and holes resulted.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The worst thing my washer has done so far is get a rust stain on an El Bee after some diapers getting left in there for a few days during a busy streak. I still haven't attempted trying to get it out.

Now, if my washer had done that to my fluff, I would be threatening abandonment!! I think you may have to threaten a repairman before some severe damage is done

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.