Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few days I've been feeling pretty lonely and isolated. This is one of the sucky points of being a single mom
Know what's worse? There's a really cute guy that works over in the produce section that flirts with me and while I enjoy it, all I can think of is "he's so young! he cant be more then 19!" when did I get so old? I like the single life but I would be nice to have someone to snuggle with other then someone small enough to fit in my lap ya know?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

It's so natural to feel as you do, mama. As nice as it is to snuggle up to my babies every night, I'd love to snuggle up to a manly body too, KWIM? You know, why not give the produce guy a shot? At the very least, you'll probably have a great time with him now and then (and the sex might be wonderful
). If you do decide to go out with him, make sure to keep us posted in the dating thread!

Take care mama - hope you find the right balance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I totally understand where you are coming from. I have started to REALLY feel lonely within the last month. I mean it has been almost a year since I left stbx and I miss having someone to talk to at night after the kiddos are tucked in. Snuggling up on the couch and munching popcorn sounds so wonderful to me! I think about starting to date, but then I feel like I don't have anything to offer someone. Soon to be divorced, unemployed mother of three surviving on public assistance kinda sounds a bit sad, YKWIM? My three closest friends are all married. One is preggo and one just had her baby on Monday. Sometimes I worry that I am being a pest with them, but they have been so amazing to me.

Are you sure your produce cutie is that young? You know some people just look young. I have been mistaken for being 19, by several coworkers when I was 28. They finally asked me how old I was when I started talking about my boys.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Can I climb aboard your lonely train?

I suppose I'm more feeling lonely because I want some help with dd or the housework, or something....

I'd also like to have a real, actual, long conversation with somebody, in person, face-to-face, without it being interrupted every 30 seconds by babies and toddlers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts