Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,324 Posts
Dentente, you know I did that for about a year. It was very difficult at times, and so hard to say goodbye after we got to spend some time together.

It ultimately did not work out, but really the distance had little to do with it, where there is a will, there is a way..just be prepared to have a lot of patience.

· Registered
2,324 Posts
Dentente, my last relationship before J was 3000 miles away. We saw each other quite a few times in spite of the distance, and talked on the computer and the phone everyday. It can be done, and it is great that he is considering moving here if things work out..because that is the one thing that does make it tough.. your desire to be together..at some point you want more than what you have. Prior to my marriage to my ex, I was also engaged to someone else and he was in Rome.. that was tough too,lol but we stayed together through all..sadly he passed away before we married.
..and back then we didn't have the computer, only snail mail and expensive phonecalls, lol

J was 2 and a half hours away. We saw each other every weekend, and it got harder and harder to say goodbye,lol..and we would mope every moment we were apart...that is when he knew he had to move here, so he did..and it has been a beautiful thing
. We go back to Pa every other weekend to see his sons.

It can be done...let your hearts guide you and everything will turn out fine! Enjoy your time together this month, mama! peace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.