Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 month old (2.5 months adjusted age) is an excellent napper... and I'm wondering if maybe he's a little "too" good?

He takes a long morning nap between about 9 and 12, sometimes even longer, and then he'll take another one about an hour later for another hour or two. In the afternoon, sometimes he'll wait til about 3 or 4 to go down, but then he'll sleep for 3 hours or more if we let him. He's awake then for 90 minutes or so, we get him in his pajamas, read him a story, and then he's down again between 8 or 9. We top him off with a little EBM dream-feed around 10 or 11, and then usually he goes right back down.

He used to go a good 6 hour stretch at night, but for the past week or two he is waking every 3 hours. I really miss that 6 hour stretch... Could it be that he's sleeping too much during the day?

Should I be waking him from his naps when they get past a certain amount of time? Or just let him sleep however long he wants to?

When we do disrupt his nap schedule (like when I take him to work with me or leave him at my MIL's for the day), we really pay for it that evening...

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
My son (9 months) is the same way. I felt guilty about it at first, but if I try to shorten the naps he doesn't sleep at all well for the rest of the day or night.

So, we go with it. He's happy, we're content... he'll sleep less as he grows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.